WnSoft Forums

Publish / Export Slide to Image with correct Aspect Ratio

jmG-06100

The aspect ratio defined in Project / Project options can vary from one project to another.

I often use 16/9, but also 16/10 so that I do not need to crop too much my photos which have a native aspect ratio of 4/3 = 16/12.

When export slides to Images, it would be nice if the current project ratio was used for the resulting image.  Presently this is not updated when using this new (and most useful) feature.  It can be manually input, for sure, but then this value "sticks" for the next project where it may not be correct.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:38 PM, jmG-06100 said:

When export slides to Images, it would be nice if the current project ratio was used for the resulting image.  Presently this is not updated when using this new (and most useful) feature.  It can be manually input, for sure, but then this value "sticks" for the next project where it may not be correct.

Hi,

We did it for Beta 7 today. Let me know how it works for you.

Hi Igor

Thank you for the rapid change.

At first, the new feature appeared NOT to work and the shown aspect ratio for export was NOT the actual project ratio, but the one previously used.

I've moved between different projects with aspect ratios of 3:2, 16:10 and 16:9.

I then discovered the little yellow lock, shown between Width and Height.  If activated (or de-activated?), this lock gives the proper dimension for the calculated Height. Good.

But shifting from project to project, this little yellow lock needs to be touched every time.  Note that upon change of project, I choose "NOT" for the answer to: "Project has been changed.  Do you want to save it?". 

By default, I think that I prefer that the project aspect ratio is used for the export of its slides.  Is that possible?  Thanks again for listening to your users.

Thanks for testing.

Yellow lock icon switcher is enabled by default. It reads the aspect ratio of current project. And it's state is remembered in the program settings, not in a project. So no need to re-enable the yellow lock switcher.

When you export slides to images, PTE AV Studio saves chosen folder path and slide file name in a project. For this reason, the app suggests to save a .pte project file. You can skip this step.

5 hours ago, jmG-06100 said:

The option DOES NOT seem to work

It does not seem to work the first time but then does

I opened a 4:3 project but the Save Slide settings were still showing 1920 x 1080  a 16:9 ratio
When I changed the width to 1600 and then clicked the Yellow Lock Icon it did then change the Height to 1200

I then opened a new 16:9 project the width was still set to 1600 but the height had changed to 900
When I typed in 1920 in the width it changed height to 1080

I then opened another (New) 4:3 project and the width was still 1920 but the height showed 1440 so a 4:3 ratio

Would it be possible for the pixel width dimension to change to reflect the Ratio?
For a 16:9 set to 1920 x 1080 and for a 4:3 set to 1600 x 1200

But then I suppose some people may want different dimensions
Maybe a drop down list for the most common ones?

Jill

Thanks, Jill, for testing too.

My slide shows are usually shown via a Full HD projector (or a standard TV) with a maximum pixel count of 1980 horizontally, which I do not change.  In that case, I need to touch the magic golden lock to activate different aspect ratios.  I can also use a 4K TV, with double the pixel count.

The pixel dimension of 1600x1200 for a 4:3 aspect ratio is a good idea for pictures to be printed, but not useful for a TV show, in my case.

I work in 1920 x 1080 now but have old shows that are 4:3 as that is what the club projector is.
Also most screens at club venues are square although when eventually replaced they are 16:9 or 16:10

I don't have a TV so no problems with that.

Jill