WnSoft Forums

Text Animation - Beta 6 [SOLVED]

jkb

A couple of problems

1. It seems that when I have Text Animations on several Objects that if I change one then the others revert to the default Dissolve.

I have noticed this before but put it down to me doing something silly but it has happened again in a new project

example I have 4 text Objects, initially I have them all set to 'Out' disabled while I work out the timings and keyframe starting positions

the 'In' was set as follows - first Text Object is set to 'Zoom In', the others are 'Slide Down'  all with a 3 sec duration - set by clicking the time under the 'In' Slider & changing it to 3

This worked as expected.

I then changed the first Object to have an 'Out' which I set to 'Zoom In'
When I played it in the O&A window the other 3 Text Objects had reverted to 'Dissolve' instead of the 'Slide Down'

I went through & made sure the 'In' was still set to 'Slide Down' and set the 'Out' on all Objects to 'Zoom In'  with a 2 sec out time. - again set by clicking on the time under the 'out' Slider
This then seemed to work ok

But I decided that the 2 sec 'Out' Time was too short & so I extended the duration of the Slide in Timeline by an extra 2 secs.

It was 14 sec & I extended it to 16 secs by dragging the end of slide in Timeline

2.  Now when I go back into the Text Animation box to adjust the 'Out' Durations I find that the durations of both 'In' and 'Out' have changed
It appears to be going by the Percentage Time & not by the actural duration that I have typed in.

If the user enters the 'In' and 'Out' Durations manually then they should stay fixed until changed by the user

This is the last Slide in the project

I have now got it working as I want, but I seem to have to keep going back & changing each Text Object more than once to get it to stay.

Slide attached

Jill

TextAnimation.pte

Hi Jill,

Thanks, we'll check this problem.

A quick reply, just in case: make sure that only one text object is selected in the Tree when you adjust text animation. Because it's possible to edit common text animation for multiple selected text objects.

Thanks Igor.

Only one object was selected,but it is good to know that you can edit several at once if needed.

Jill

Ps you will find there is a missing image in the .PTE file I sent in the above post. But it is only a background image so not important.

Jill,

Can you send me a test project before this change:

I then changed the first Object to have an 'Out' which I set to 'Zoom In'

So I will able to make this step to see the problem.

You can also try to close PTE, open this test project to repeat this step. Or probably the problem will not occur after loading a project?

On 12/2/2022 at 5:37 PM, Igor said:

Can you send me a test project before this change

Igor, sorry I do not have a copy of the project before the change. The previous version I have has no Text at all.

I have tried to recreate the problem several times on a new project with just 1 Blank Slide & adding Text to that. But I cannot recreate it.
If it happens again I will let you know.

The problem with the Times changing when ever I move a KeyFrame or adjust the Slide duration still exists.
It is always basing the IN & OUT times on the %duration and not what I type in.

It also seems to use Full Slide Duration even though I always have this set to OFF.

Jill

On 12/4/2022 at 2:46 AM, jkb said:

I have tried to recreate the problem several times on a new project with just 1 Blank Slide & adding Text to that. But I cannot recreate it.
If it happens again I will let you know.

OK, I'll wait if it will occur again. Regrettably we couldn't reproduce it.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:46 AM, jkb said:

The problem with the Times changing when ever I move a KeyFrame or adjust the Slide duration still exists.
It is always basing the IN & OUT times on the %duration and not what I type in.

It also seems to use Full Slide Duration even though I always have this set to OFF.

We'll add an option in the next Beta, later this week. It will allow to set times of text animations in absolute time values (ms).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Igor said:

We added a new option "Fixed time values"

Hi Igor, Thanks for this feature - although I didn't spot the new tick box straight away.

It keeps the durations that I set when moving keyframes or changing Slide Duration as I would expect.

One thing that was confusing me (and may do others who also work visually)

I couldn't understand why the end time in the Text Animation window kept changing when I moved keyframes.
I now see that the time always starts at 0.0 no matter where the first keyframe is and runs to the last keyframe, so it is the duration of the actual animation and not that of the Slide.

I never normally look at numbers as I work visually and expected with Fixed Times for it to show the actual Times for start & end of the Text Animation.
I usually have Global Times on.

If it is at all possible it would be better if we could see the 'Slide' Times like we can in O&A with the grey bars for Transitions in & out to be able to set the Text Animation positions against these.  So if I want the animation to start at 9 secs I can easily see this.

But if this is a lot of work then don't worry, hopefully I now understand the way it is working and I will be able to set things up quicker.

Jill

Hi Jill,

Text animation always work from the 1st keyframe, not beginning of a slide. If the 1st keyframe is shifted on 3 seconds, there will be 3s pause before the animation starts.

"In" animation is linked the 1st keyframe, its duration goes forward across the slide.

"Out" animation is linked the last keyframe, its duration goes backward to beginning of a slide. 

Text animation editor window just shows a demo (not a real preview). For this reason a preview starts from zero time point.

We would prefer to take a pause with further changes. We've made so many deep changes to the code that we need to make sure everything works well before the final release.

• Igor changed the title to Text Animation - Beta 6 [SOLVED]