WnSoft Forums

Naming audio clips

macian

Thanks, Jill.

I find myself in muddled loop trying to match several clips to slides when they all have the same name.

I think I will do the splitting in Audacity and export each section with its own unique name.

If they are on the same track you cannot link them to the same slide even if they have different names.

If they are on different tracks then they can be linked to the same slide.

Splitting your clip up in Audacity will increase the file size as you will be using lots of single clips instead of just one.

Also doing it in PTE is so much easier and if you get it wrong you can just adjust the ends of each section to get what you want.

Jill

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jkb said:

If they are on the same track you cannot link them to the same slide even if they have different names.

You can do it anyway, but not in the timeline. You can link two clips to the same slide, even if they are on the same track, but you have to do it in "Project Options > Audio". The slide number will be marked red, but it works (while crossfade will not work).

2 hours ago, jkb said:

Splitting your clip up in Audacity will increase the file size as you will be using lots of single clips instead of just one.

I don't think so. If you open a larger audio clip in Audacity, cut it into several pieces, and export these pieces, you will end up with approximately the same size. 

36 minutes ago, jt49 said:

You can do it anyway, but not in the timeline.

Thanks JT49, I did know this but forget!

With Audacity yes you could be right,  it is not something I have done as I do everything within PTE.

It may be slightly larger with extra header information but most likely not much to worry about.

Jill

• Igor changed the title to Naming audio clips