WnSoft Forums

A little problem with missing files [SOLVED]

jt49

When I open a project having a missing file, PTE will show me a window as shown by the following image:

MissingFiles-1.png.bf307dba176ffd7e172d0e0a48ada424.png

When I click "Find Selected File", an explorer window will open:

MissingFiles-2.png.acdb8375f767e8d7bd7642a034369db0.png

Here it would be better to have the option to choose "all files", and not only jpg-files, as it may happen that I would like to replace the missing image-1 by another image that isn't a jpg (e.g. a png). Presently I have to navigate to the corresponding folder and have to type the name of the new image (e.g. image-1.png).

• Igor changed the title to A little problem with missing files [SOLVED]
On 12/6/2022 at 2:57 AM, jt49 said:

Here it would be better to have the option to choose "all files", and not only jpg-files, as it may happen that I would like to replace the missing image-1 by another image that isn't a jpg (e.g. a png). Presently I have to navigate to the corresponding folder and have to type the name of the new image (e.g. image-1.png).

Done in Beta 8.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, jkb said:

Can you make action on mouse click also show all files please.

For competitions we get so many mp4 files now that it is a lot of extra clicks when setting up a Menu.

Jill, 

It's already available in all recent versions. For "Run Application or Open File" mouse action, the Open file window offers the second filter: "All files".

I did the same for the Missing Files window on jt49 request in Beta 8.

17 minutes ago, Igor said:

the Open file window offers the second filter: "All files".

yes it does offer the option, but when we have 70 or 90 entries in a competition and most of them are video format, there are a lot of extra clicks to show 'All Files'

Or if you could include all video File types along with exe files then that would be better.

We can get MP4, Mov, Avi, wmv, MPv file types as not all are made with PTE as some people use video editing programs

Jill