WnSoft Forums

Unlink X and Y doesn't seem to have any effect

ptzot

I have been looking for a replacement for Photostage that can do a zoom in or out on a portion of a photo with varying ratios between the x and y from start to end. I downloaded PTE AV Studio to try it, and saw a button to unlink the X and Y axes, but when I click that and then drag the box on the image, both axes still move in unison with no change in ratio no matter how I drag it. What's going on? Is this a bug, or is there some other setting you have to change to get the unlink thing to work?

Here's an example of the zoom effect I'm trying to achieve. Both start and end are cropped relative to the source image, and you can see the ratio between height and width from start to end changes. Doing this in Photostage is super easy--just select the box area for start, select the end, set the slide time, and you're done. But there are other issues with the software and with NCH that make finding a replacement program desirable.

Photostage variable X and Y crop and zoom

If on the Zoom parameters you have unchecked the link button, then changing the X or y values will just change that parameter.

If you want to do it by dragging the edges of the image, then hold down the shift key while dragging.

It does work and is very easy.

Jill

• Like 1