WnSoft Forums

deleting excess audio

Rosemary A

Looking at your image above it does not show duplicates?
The first is Track7 & the second is Track9.
Have you tried deleting in the Audio Tab of Project Options?
Double Click on a Waveform & it should up.

PTE11 will not have overwritten 10.5, both versions can exist seperately & still be used.

I have never had any trouble with Audio & often have several Tracks and sound clips.

Jill

Thank you Jill. This is the first time that I have used a previous show of PTE with version 11. In the end I just removed the complete audio track and that seemed to work fine. Now whilst playing back with the revised audio I am finding random transitions  (mostly displacement maps) coming in where I had the default transition selected in the original show. This happened to me before with PTE 11 where random transitions appeared - rather like the Wizard in Producer. Not necessarily a program fault more likely the operator!

Rosemary

there should be no problem at all in opening a 10.5 project within PTE11.
You certainly shouldn't get any random Displacement Maps.

Are you using any Slide Styles?
I never use them, so they may be a cause of your problems but shouldn't be

Jill

Yes I have slide styles. I only started working on this particular show because thanks to Barry's video, I wanted to mute the music whilst listening to waterfalls in Geiringer Fjord. The transition problem appears to be that although I have chosen Basic transition Dissolve the program thinks I have chosen Dissolve With Waves or circle waves. I haven't figured out what the other strange ones are yet.

Thanks Jill,

Rosemary

When you changed the Transition to Dissolve did you make sure to click on OK before closing the Slide Options Window?

I only mention this as it is something I have done myself.
I am so used to clicking on the X to close the O&A window, that I just automatically do it for other windows such as the Slide options forgetting to cick OK first.

Still not sure why the Transitions would have changed to the Displacement Map ones.

The easy way to mute a Track is to press CTRL+M and the CTRL+M again to unmute.

Jill

Good Luck

When I am moving to a new version of PTE I always save a copy with a different name.

So if anything does happen I can then go back to the previous version of the project & start again.

The .pte file is so small it pays to keep saving with different names at regular intervals.

JIll

Thanks Jill. This was a weird one. I have successfully downloaded the other video shows made with 10.5 in the Norwegian trip series and they all play fine. The only thing different is the number of videos in the "broken" show.

I hear your advice about the file system. 10.5 is probably in my downloads folder.

Gosh Jill, I realize that it must be 2 a.m with you. Sleep well.

Rosemary

10 hours ago, Rosemary A said:

The transition problem was as I downloaded the 10.5 version into PTE 11 and started to play the show. I hadn't touched transitions at all. 

I also have a problem with transitions. Previously, I never set default transitions for each project, there was always an dissolve. Now when I open these old projects in version 11, the default transitions are changed to the ones I used in other projects. Sometimes transitions are played as dissolves. And then, after a long time, you change the logo in the same project, for example. At the same time, my transitions automatically change to completely different ones ...

Aleina