WnSoft Forums

picture in picture effect

keyboard

I have had PTE for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed with the quality of the slideshows it produces.

One thing I can't figure out, is the picture in picture effect created in PTE (and how) or in an image editing program? I have tried inserting another image into the object editor but it loads and fills the whole screen,leaving me scratching my head and befuddled.

I ask after looking at the fabulous slideshows created by Barry Beckham.

Please can someone advise this newbie.

John.

:wacko:

Sorry about the multiple posting keep getting web page unavaible when I click submit post.

Hi John,

I too have had problems with the posting page "Competition"x2 :unsure:

To answer your question, the picture in picture as I understand you is made in a picture editor. You can use the object editor but the image has to be smaller than the main image.

The problem here though is that the location of the insert is determined by the screen resolution, so the image editor is the better option. Before tou save flatten the image and save as JPEG. I would also keep the Photoshop / paint shop file also so you can move the insert about if needed.

Regards,

Alan

Hi keyboard I would guess that the picture in picture effect is created in photoshop or similar app, and the saved as seperate images. Turning on and off layers in photoshop when saving as jpg files ensures perfect registration.

Hope this helps

John:

I am not sure what effects of Barry's you are specifically talking about (have you seen the #1 download on www.beechbrook.com/pte "Olga Boritsch, Photographer" it is a marvellous piece of work with picture in picture)

But many of us, as stonemason said, make up the multi-imaged image in PhotoShop and bring them into PTE sequentially.

You can use OBJECTS, but you will need to size the picture within the picture carefully and there is a problem as the OBJECT added "moves around" depending on the screen resolution of the viewer. Igor will be fixing that in due course

John

You do this in Photoshop as follows:

Assuming you are using a 4:3 format

1. Create your background image in 1024 pixels width x 768 fixed ratio 4:3

2. Open the image you want to overlay and assuming it is vertical resize it to 487 x 650 pixels (3:4)

3. Select the move tool in the toolbar and holding down the left mouse key over the image drag it on to the background image and release.

4. You now have a layer which when selected you can position the image to wherever you want and for this I suggest you call up View>Show grid

5. You can create further layers using other images and you can create borders etc for them using blending options.

This is just a brief outline but by experimentation the results are infinitesimal.

Ron [uK]

Hey guys

Thanks to you all for the fast response,I am just downloading Olga Boritsch slideshow now to have a look at.

I will try the picture in Picture effect within my Photoshop Elements.

John.

Keyboard

The picture in picture effect is quite simple to achieve with Photoshop but the teqhique is quite logwinded. I have produced a CD Tutorial on this very subject that is very detailed and walks you through the process step by step. The CD runs for an hour and is at its best at a screen resolution of 1024x768.

Email me if you want further details.

Ron West (UK)

ronniebootwest@ntlworld.com