WnSoft Forums

Odessa, NY, USA

Natiek

Hi everyone!

This is my first video on the forum.

I was born in Odessa, Ukraine. Now I live in the USA. We travel a lot; we are interested in history and geography. Particularly I am interested in the history of small towns in USA named Odessa.

I decided to make this slideshow to try new transitions in PTE 11. In the first part (retro) I used Alex's (Alex55) Flashback slideshow template (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBvrSVrdx8&ab_channel=anestudio55  ) with some modification. Thank you, Alex!

I like the Flip Photo transition with different directions, but it doesn't always work correctly in the left direction. I used this transition on 3.33, 3.39, 3.57, 4.22, 5.18, 7.01. At 4.22 and 5.18, border artifacts are very visible at the left edge. This is visible only in the encoded video, I did not notice it in the program. I re-recorded the video, but everything remained the same.

Thank you for your attention. Nice to meet you.

P.S. There is a large Opera House (Odessa Opera and Ballet Theatre) in my Odessa in Ukraine  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odesa_Opera_and_Ballet_Theatre ). I was surprised and shocked that in a very small village of 500 people there was a theater, and not just a theater, but an Opera House!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cead said:

The population of Odessa (Ukraine) is more than 1 million, isn't it?

Cead, thank you for your attention to my city in Ukraine. Yes, the population in Odessa (Ukraine) is more than 1 million.
Thanks a lot for  feedback.

Natiek:

I just missed Odessa by a few miles when I visited Watkins Glenn in November.

Well researched production

You certainly made full use of many of the software's features.

I fully understand why today a production needs to relatively fast paced, which you did here.

Being on old guy I still like the simple fades and a bit longer to look at the images.

Well produced

8 hours ago, JRR said:

I just missed Odessa by a few miles when I visited Watkins Glenn in November.

Well researched production

You certainly made full use of many of the software's features.

Thank you, JRR! My dream is to visit Odessa in Canada. We just passed it on our way to Toronto.

6 hours ago, Alex55 said:

Like your Show, nicely done and very informative.

Thanks , Alex, for  feedback and your styles!

On 1/20/2023 at 9:33 PM, MUR said:

Very nice but a little too fast, to view the images in detail.

For a first post very good

Thank you, MUR! This time the duration of the slideshow was limited by the length of the music, so I made some of the slides fast.