WnSoft Forums

Templates and new project

Michel

When we use templates for save, we have, for an example, a project named Light and saved as Light.pt.

When we work with and from this directory Light.pt:

If we add a picture in this project, If we want to save again the album, PTE don't want replace this Light.pt. If we save as Light2.pt, it's OK.

My ask: is this function right so or to modify ?

Thanks !

I answered, a few days ago, as you in the french forum for an ask.

I posted this topic for to be sure that is a final way.

Is it really abolutely the final way ?

For the moment, in this case, if we modify 10 times a .pt, we would have 10 directories .pt. for the same slideshow.

Great ! OK, we can manage each time after...But :angry: !

Perhaps, the user can also to choice the way to save his project, sometimes more easy...why not with an option also: replace enabled/disabled ?

Michel,

You can open template, modify it, and then call "Create template" and give same name. PTE only will ask you about overwriting of template.

But I just found that PTE may show error message. It absolutely works, only PTE mistakenly tries to overwrite exactly same existed file in the template folder.

I'll fix it tomorrow in the next version.

Thank you!

Dear Igor,

I'm not sure that is right or it's a mistake from me :blink:, or I haven't full understood your topic.

You can open template, modify it, and then call "Create template" and give same name: OK

PTE only will ask you about overwriting of template: OK

But I just found that PTE may show error message: OK (we have, with users, always this message in this case)

It absolutely works: NO with me and friends.

For an example, I added a new picture in the album test.pt, and exactly applyed the steps at OK (button error message).

If I open again the project from the album test.pt (also from the my templates directory), I find this new picture, but only with the way.

If I look at the directory on my hard disk, no new picture in the directory album test.pte: this new picture is not saved here :unsure: .

This function is very, very important to save our work.

I have been using the template as my back-up files and I don't sem to be having the same results as Michel.

When I have a .pt file of my show and I change the presentation, I go:

FILE>TEMPLATE>CREATE TEMPLATE>say yes to the name>say yes to overwrite

I get the new .pte file and any new images written into the .pt file.

BUT what I also get, that I don't need, is that any images dropped from the slide show are still in the .pt file.

I would just as soon have a clean version of the .pt file, which I can do by changing the .pt name, but I prefer to keep the .pt name lined up with the presentation name

I get the new .pte file and any new images written into the .pt file

Jim,

- we speak about the same pte file. In this case, the new image is not added in the .pt, as saw also by Igor

- please, look at your hard disk (I also open the pte file from the template and it's OK: PTE find the path, by this file -new picture- is not writed in the directory .pt)

If we want absolutely a new save (for keep the first save .pt) with a modifyed project, we give another name to the template or for the project.

But if we want to modify the first saved project (.pt), we can do it (by the way PTE ASK to confirm by security).

We will not have a error message and a "not full" function.

PS: English is not my native language, and I think you saw it :D .

It's sometimes very difficult to explain very exactly the problems, but we always find a soluce to improve and discuss:

Igor happens again this problem, as said.

However, I think that to overwrite a project (and/or a template) is not the best way to work. When I change something in a slideshow, I save always the new template with the same name but with a progressive number (xxx02, xxx03 etc.). At the end I often have several templates, but I delete all the old ones, and I rename the last as "xxx.pt".

Do you agree, Michel?

Me, I don't agree. Sorry.

My last preview post explain that and why: it will be more logic for me.

Anybody use what he want for to work, and for to save/backup.

But, I repeat, PTE ask to confirm "owervrite/replace" before to modify.

If OK, we have a error message and it's not very good.

We have the choice.

Where is the problem ? The function must be full.