WnSoft Forums

Styles and Themes - I'm confused

Peter S

I am trying to create an AV covering 20 weeks worth of travels on a narrow boat. I am doing this on an iMac and using Version 11.0.2. After week 3 I thought I needed to do a lot of housekeeping. I had lots of images and music in different places so I sorted them into folders and identified and moved any "Missing Files". This all worked fine. I then decided to create a Back Up in ZIP for each week and this all looked OK.

I copied the Back Up in Zip to my MacBook Pro and when I opened the file in PTE AV Studio on the MacBook it said there were missing files. I located the first file and PTE reported All missing files were found.

I selected File Save and the Information panel showed Project has been saved but one or more files could not be found. Click "OK" to view error report. I click OK and see there are 6 missing files. These were all associated with Styles and I realised that I had not Imported the missing Styles onto my MacBook. I did this and it solved the issues apart from one Style that I had to amend.

When I looked at my iMac I found a Folder under my Home Folder named PTE-AV-Studio and in this all my installed Slide Styles and Transitions. My memory failed me here. Did I create this Folder myself and copy the Styles and Transitions here as a "safety net" - possibly following advice from someone on the Forum - or did PTE create it for me? 

On my MacBook I find all my Styles, Themes and Transitions in my Library under Application Support/PTEAVStudio/Styles and Transitions.

Application Support/PTEAVStudio on my iMac only contains ProjectsExtraData, Registration,Templates and Versions.

I would appreciate any help[ in trying to understand this rather frustrating position that is probably of my own making.

I am guessing that it is very similar on a PC with minor differences in the folder names.

Peter