WnSoft Forums

Can I unclip audio from Video if added via O&M

Xenofex2

Still cannot get it to work. Think I will have to sleep on it as often find that overnight I somehow get a moment of inspiration.

Here I have added a portrait video onto a opacity reduced background via O&A so that I can avoid the black areas along each side of the video clip. Whilst I do get the option to 'Unlink Audio Clip' nothing seemingly happens (PTE02)

Checking via the O&A, I do have Main Object ticked. Not sure whether the '2' makes any difference but if I change that to '1' then that blurs the video. (PTE 03)

PTE 02.jpg

PTE 03.jpg

Well a nights sleep has not helped.

Whether I work in Normal view or Timeline view, I cannot get my pop up window to show ‘Separate Audio from Video’ pop up type message. Albeit the same, but I get ‘Unlink Audio Clips’ from ‘Audio Comment’ seemingly whichever way I try. (PTE Tues 01)

In addition, I have changed the Video Clip to Main Object 1, but as can be seen from the screenshot (PTE Tues 02), then the Image on screen is blurred and I no longer have a Video Object in the bounding box, bottom right.

Just to clarify, I am using a Desktop Windows 10 PC and I am using PTE Studio 11 Pro and Version 11.0.2.

PTE Tues 01.jpg

PTE Tues 02.jpg

Start a new project. Add a single blank slide. In O&A, add your video clip. Tick Main Object 1. Go to time Line and right click on the slide.

Do you now see "Separate audio from video"??

In your original project remove the background version and try that. 

DG

26 minutes ago, davegee said:

Start a new project. Add a single blank slide. In O&A, add your video clip. Tick Main Object 1. Go to time Line and right click on the slide.

Do you now see "Separate audio from video"??

In your original project remove the background version and try that. 

DG

If this doesn't work try adding the video first in the timeline then right click & you should get the "Separate audio from video" command. In the screen capture below I have completely removed the audio from the video. Then go to O&A , resize the video to suit then add the background image resizing if necessary.

Dave,

Brilliant, thankyou, got there.

Your first suggestion turned out to be exactly the same. No change or a different view. One other pointer about that was when I turned the Video Clip to Main Object 1, then the actual Video Clip option disappeared from the bounding box, bottom right, and obviously no video played. (PTE Tues 04)

It was your second suggestion where it all came together. I removed everything and started from the beginning. I first added the portrait video clip. It was then when right clicking I saw exactly the same as your pop up screenshot and was able to unclip the audio. I then went into O&A and added the background.

So doing it in reverse order I got there. Thankyou for your help and patience.

George

PTE Tues 04.jpg

George,

May I suggest that you adopt the PTE terminology i.e. "Separate audio from video" rather than unclip? Unclip has a different meaning - it is used in a different sense. Also searching for help is easier when using the correct terminology.

Glad that you got there!!

DG