WnSoft Forums

Is there anyway of reworking an MP4 - didnt save the .pte extension

Revmin

You could add the mp4 to a new project and add information "over the top" of it.

You could split the mp4 into smaller "slides" and run it continuously using the Master/Link feature.

You could insert slides provided that it is possible to successfully split the mp4 at strategic points. This would necessitate muting the audio or using "Separate audio from video" and adding a new Audio track.

All of this is possible but might take just as long as starting again.

DG

I did exactly the same many years ago as my PC was becoming full and long before I was aware of portable hard drives & Cloud storage.

On looking at one of my early projects I realised that it's transition time was too long and wanted to revisit but this was one I had deleted.

I eventually found 'Free Video to JPG Converter' by DVD Video Soft that I installed and got 42,000 images from a 20 minute MP4. Okay a massive amount but then that was me and this was my first attempt at using the program and obtaining jpegs. I had not adjusted any settings in the program. You just set how many frames you wish to extract every so many seconds.

If you add the MP4 to PTE (version 11)  then you can export a jpg by postioning the play head.

If nothing changes between frames then you won't need as many jpgs as the other program has produced.

However it would be a long task for a 20 min video.
But if you only want to change a couple of frames then it would be quick & easy to do

You can also export frames as jpgs from the Free VLC Player, but PTE allows you to select the output size

Jill