WnSoft Forums

Iceland in Winter

mhwarner

In January 2022, I visited Iceland and took part in a small group Winter Photography Workshop.  We circled the island on the Ring Road and had a wonderful time photographing some of the amazing sights.  Because of bad weather, including hurricane force winds on several occasions, as well as limited daylight hours (about 9:30 am to 3:30 pm), photography conditions weren't always the best.  On the other hand, we did see auroras one night and we experienced several amazing sunsets which, because of the far north locations, went on for over 90 minutes!  Since I have done several other international trips since then, putting a slideshow together took me some time.  But using PTEAV 11, as well as some of the many transitions and styles available, made my task much easier. I hope you will enjoy watching the show!

• Like 7

Mary, this is absolutely superb.  As you know I have been to Iceland many times but never in the winter.  Such beautiful lighting and wonderful photography.  Absolutely love your Icelandic horse shots.  Are you still using your Sony RX10?  I know you were delighted with it when you first bought it?  Oh, and you are obviously a hardy soul.

Maureen

3 hours ago, Lakelandlass said:

Mary, this is absolutely superb.  As you know I have been to Iceland many times but never in the winter.  Such beautiful lighting and wonderful photography.  Absolutely love your Icelandic horse shots.  Are you still using your Sony RX10?  I know you were delighted with it when you first bought it?  Oh, and you are obviously a hardy soul.

Maureen

Thanks so much, Maureen!  Yes, still using the Sony RX 10 IV.  Also, many of the shots, including virtually all of the ice cave shots in the show, were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone (I've just upgraded to the S23 Ultra).  I loved the horses as well (especially the blue-eyed ones)!  My main purpose in going in winter was to see auroras, so a summer trip wouldn't have worked.  But I must admit, after the arctic and Yellowstone in winter in 2018 and this Iceland trip, I'm ok with not traveling to cold weather locations again.  Aside from everything else, the packing is too cumbersome.  I like traveling light with only a carry on.  I did India, Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh in December and I'm off to Japan and SE Asia next week!  So far behind on putting together slideshows!  Hope you are well!

Amazing images and beautifully put together I really like this show.

One small thing if you do some more on it could you leave the captions on screen a bit longer?

John