WnSoft Forums

Nudibranch

digartal

Found this little fella swimming in a pool at low tide on a beach walk near home. On looking around I found about 20 or so more in the same area. Video captured on the mobile held just above the water line. Made this tutorial using a "Text" tutorial from Barry Beckham which provided the answer to adding multiple Animated Texts and fading them before the next one appeared. Always room for improvement but happy with the result achieved.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, rosy said:

Hi Mark

Very interesting. However, you need to keep the text visible longer for my reading speed. The text went off the screen before I had finished reading it.

Rosy.

Thanks Rosy certainly a valid point. I reduced the text content considerably. The video is about 1 minute and while I could have slowed it down, the optimal viewing time for other media is 1 minute. My solution after some consideration was that once it was a video, the viewer could stop the video playing at any time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark

Interesting, never seen one of these

Agree with Rosy re the text on screen time, although I only found it a real issue with the last text. 

I fully understand the issue of having to reduce text to a minimum - been there, done that many times. The ending text being on screen too little time could be solved by just living the last frame on screen for another 2 seconds or so.

Thanks for the video 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JRR said:

Interesting, never seen one of these

Agree with Rosy re the text on screen time, although I only found it a real issue with the last text. 

I fully understand the issue of having to reduce text to a minimum - been there, done that many times. The ending text being on screen too little time could be solved by just living the last frame on screen for another 2 seconds or so.

Thanks for the video 

I will relook at it but the text was a balance between not covering the video and providing enough relevant information to the viewer. I had thought about leaving out the last paragraph as it is a global audience but in the end, left it in. May make another one for Youtube as I have several videos that could be included to expand this project.

Hi Mark

Just re read your comments, have you tried slowing the video down by using the "adjust Time Range" feature in the O&A screen? this will lengthen its run time & therefore enable you to give more time to the text?

My shows contain lots of video clips & I do the opposite to them. speed them up as they can be too long to retain audience interest.

I just tried slowing the SS below which has a 7 second clip of a flag waving. It was set at 100%, I slowed it down to 50% & got a run time of 14 seconds.

Another way would be to add an extra copy of the clip.

Rosy

fw1 original time.jpg

FW 50%.jpg

44 minutes ago, rosy said:

Hi Mark

Just re read your comments, have you tried slowing the video down by using the "adjust Time Range" feature in the O&A screen? this will lengthen its run time & therefore enable you to give more time to the text? Originally I had planned to use text to speech AI Bot to have the text spoken in the AV. Spent a bit of time doing that and could not find a suitable free option for a short use.

My shows contain lots of video clips & I do the opposite to them. speed them up as they can be too long to retain audience interest.

I just tried slowing the SS below which has a 7 second clip of a flag waving. It was set at 100%, I slowed it down to 50% & got a run time of 14 seconds.

Another way would be to add an extra copy of the clip.

Rosy

fw1 original time.jpg

FW 50%.jpg

Thanks Rosy, as I said the main objective was to make it under 1 minute for other social media platforms. I can slow it down as you said in PTE or my other video editing application but this would take me over 1 minute. 

Had a few days of rain so caught up on all my backlog of editing recent images. Earlier today I did a re-edit, added another clip and extended the text time.

Cheers Mark

• Like 1