WnSoft Forums

Updating of the forum

Igor

Patience is a virtue Bill, seldom in a woman but never in a man :D

Ron [uK]

Well, it seems always to see some problems. Be patients. But this new forum looks more "fresh".

Upgrade is not very easy.

If the upload for "Avatars" is not enabled, the path (with http) works.

I hope Igor will keep this function.

NB: when all will be solved, I ask to the "Master" for also the language "French" (it exists).

I too had major problems accessing the pages :(

but I'm delighted to be able to view everything again now :D

Thank You all for your hard work delivering a "new baby" Forum for us all.

We are always grateful for all you do to keep PTE fresh and constantly new.

Life is so fast we sometimes forget that perfection takes time and want everything instantly.

A friend could not find the excellent official PTE tutorials today (they are now on the news archive section of the www.wnsoft.com site). Maybe a mention on the front page would be useful - but I guess we'll soon need new tutorials for version 5.0 ?

Thanks again. :):)

Best Wishes

Maureen

Thank you for your patience!

Invision staff already working on solving of all these temporal problems. We use Invision forum's engine and we use Invision web hosting for the forum and they performed upgrading of the forum. So I think the problem will be solved soon.

Also I have full backup of the forum before upgrade.

I never did this upgrade, but all highly recommended to do it because of possible safety moments of the old version of the forum.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

I like the look and it seems to be working better today. We will all just have to hang in there until all is upgraded and working as normal, but from what I can tell right now....it does seem to be working again.

Time will tell.

Now back to those PTE upgrades, right!?!?!?! We are all really looking forward to the Beta release coming soon. Take care and thanks for all you do!!!!

Fred

Guest Techman1

Igor,

That's great news regarding PTE Beta!

Where do you want us to report any problems associated with this update of the forum? :huh:

Here's a couple of small problems I've found so far (no biggy, but it isn't working as it is designed):

(1) I tried to update my Avatar and it would allow me to upload it from my PC, but it wouldn't display it. If I upload it to my website and load it from there it works correctly.

(2) If I want to add a Smilie to the paragraph above, I previously could click my mouse where I wanted the Smilie placed and then click on the Smilie to add. Now it puts it at the end of the message that I'm typing no matter where the cursor is.

Thanks again!

Fred

I see Maureen that you too have a problem with your Avatar the same as me. Trust you are well.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Michel. It is only a picture of my ugly mug so nothing is lost.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Michel

Have managed to link to an avatar!

Best wishes

Maureen :D

Hi Igor,

Many thanks for your personal reply concerning 'contacting Forum' ~ Things now seem to be getting back to normal. Although 'Log-Ins' are slow, given time, I am sure all the small problems will be sorted.

Just one simple suggestion:- Could the 'Add Reply/Preview Panel' be moved from the bottom of the Page and be placed under the 'Message Entry Screen' (where we type in Messages)...It would be easier to Edit Messages.

I very much like the clean simplicity of the 'New Layout' ~ very effective indeed and much appreciated

Brian.Conflow.

I don't know if there have been new forum messages in the past several days, but as I have been setting up a new custom built computer, I was off line for a while. I want to make sure I am still receiving forum messages as I haven't had any for a few days, and there is always a few everyday. Also eagerly looking forward to v5.0 - I have a computer club presentation at the end of this month on "Slide Shows" and would like to demonstrate the latest version (if it isn't too much more complex than the current one). I missed a few days of the forum as it is a very interesting part of my daily email viewing.

Bill

This version 2.1.1 is a new version (with certain small bugs, I think) and the update gives problems because also the old version was the 1....

Some people works on it, and please, be patients: this forum will be more "improved" with a good security.

This update is a major upgrade as PTE from 3.60 to 5.0 ;), but in a only one time !