WnSoft Forums

Smooth Move Problem

I use PTE AvStudio Pro 11.0.4 on a Mac mini with M1 chip running OS Monterey.

If I add Smooth Move to a pan or zoom, regardless of which key frame I add it to, the image jumps forward slightly (or other direction depending on the option), before continuing the pan or zoom.  Please see the attached example (.pteav) where the first image is without Smooth Move and the second is with Smooth Move applied.

I am probably doing something stupid but any ideas please?

Sample of Problem.pteav

Totally forgotten how to play a PTEAV file and can't see your problem but I did experiment with one of my slides which had a zoom in it and added 'Smooth move' to it. I think that I got a similar effect to what you have described. The zoom was fine when I removed 'Smooth move'.  However, my slide did have a small Pan percentage and when I took the pan back to zero there was no jump in the zoom with or without the modifier. Do you have a Pan in your slide?

Hi Davegee, my example has it set up the way you described with just the Smooth Move applied to the intermediate KF.  That is the problem, as in the first sequence, there is no Smooth Move, in the second it is applied to just the intermediate KF.  The problem only occurs when a Smooth Move is applied to any one or all KFs. Very frustrating and hope someone can suggest a solution.

Hi Dave,

I am unsure what you are trying to achieve. Smooth Move is best suited to a Pan with both Pan X and Pan Y. Your project appears to only have Pan X. Can you post a simple one slide project in a Backup In Zip so that someone can analyse what you are doing?

I have tried a simple pan with an intermediate KF set to Smooth Move and cannot replicate what you have posted (Windows).

DG

On 5/12/2023 at 8:33 PM, Dave Brooker said:

I use PTE AvStudio Pro 11.0.4 on a Mac mini with M1 chip running OS Monterey.

If I add Smooth Move to a pan or zoom, regardless of which key frame I add it to, the image jumps forward slightly (or other direction depending on the option), before continuing the pan or zoom.  Please see the attached example (.pteav) where the first image is without Smooth Move and the second is with Smooth Move applied.

I am probably doing something stupid but any ideas please?

Hi,

For this task you need to use another modifier. Because you have the animation along one axis only (horizontal movement).

Click Add modifier > Animation Speed menu > choose "Smooth" or "Accelerate" modifier.
I recommend to assign this modifier for the first keyframe. If you need a pause before the animation, just shift the 1st keyframe on the timeline and place at the time point where you'd like to begin the animation.

"SmoothMove" modifier is intended for a case when you move an object on X and Y axes together. See the link above (Dave's post).