WnSoft Forums

Finding missing images and masks

jt49

If I open a project with a missing image (or mask), I normally have two methods to solve the problem:

1. I can move the missing image to the folder containing the project file
2. I can use the find-tool of PTE to show the program where it can find the missing image

Both methods do not work if the missing image comes from a style, i.e. if it has a path of the following kind:
%store%\Slide Styles\{DC7DBFCE-53BC-474A-8468-6190C3B2B07D}\Image.jpg

Of course I can use a text editor, but ... 

10 hours ago, Igor said:

... We assumed that the ProjectName.resource folder should not be deleted.

If you work with versions (MyProject_v01, MyProject_v02, ... , MyProject_v66), it may happen that you obtain 66 resource folders, all containing the same objects :(

14 hours ago, jt49 said:

If you work with versions (MyProject_v01, MyProject_v02, ... , MyProject_v66), it may happen that you obtain 66 resource folders, all containing the same objects

Hi,

Currently .resources folder is an automatically managed storage. Every project should has own copy of this storage to avoid possible conflicts with another project. Because files are added and removed automatically depending on slides which use certain style(s).

I suggest to start a new topic where we can discuss management of resources, and how it can be improved.

I think it's a good subject to discuss it in a new topic. How styles/transitions should manage resources (current implementation, one united file with all resources for one project, and placing resources as usual files to a project's folder).