WnSoft Forums

Old pte .exe files help converting?

KyDan

Greetings!  I'm a pure PTE novice but I've been dabbling since around 2005.  I have a few early slide shows that I saved as exe files. 

Can you suggest any way to convert or even screen grab/record them into a viewable mp4?  Even if quality was downgraded I'd just like to

be able to view them on a TV from a usb drive.  They still look fine on my Windows PC when ran as exe.  Just looking for any option to bring

them into the present as far as viewability.

Thanks so much for all your help over the past .... 20 years!

Dan in Kentucky

OH sorry!  I just searched my old posts and apparently I asked this same question back in 2014.  Maybe there are new options today for screen grab? thanks!!

Dan,

There are various screen grab softwares available.

I use the screen grab feature available in GeForce Experience (free) which compliments my nVidia Graphics card and gives excellent results. The resulting mp4 can be played standalone or re-introduced into PTE for further refinement.

DG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davegee said:

Dan,

There are various screen grab softwares available.

I use the screen grab feature available in GeForce Experience (free) which compliments my nVidia Graphics card and gives excellent results. The resulting mp4 can be played standalone or re-introduced into PTE for further refinement.

Yes, NVIDIA Geforce Experience free app provides the best visual quality for screen recording to a MP4 video. You can record video at 1920 x 1080 with 60 frames per second. Or probably in 4K.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll definitely give it a try.

Unfortunately it won't install.  Apparently I need a different video board or something....

Cela marche! Merci beaucoup!

• Like 1

Just one final follow up.  Thank you all for your help over the years and recently for suggestions in this thread.

The OBS project software suggested by Aginum works wonderfully.

I'm sure it's a powerful tool for me- I was able to figure out how to record my PC screen fairly easily.  The resulting MKV file

has no obvious loss of quality and the 60 fps record rate is smooth to view.

You all have helped me immensely over many years.

My hat is off and I bow to you!

Peace!

Dan in Kentucky, USA