WnSoft Forums

Slideshow: Road-trip through the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland

goddi

Greetings,

Here are links to our road-trip through the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

I wasn't sure how to add it to the Forum since the trip is broken down into 11 shows. Instead of posting 11 links, here is the the link to all the 11 shows posted in my Facebook page and the link to my YouTube Channel. They should be towards the top of the list of the shows, easy to find, I hope.

Facebook is easier to use, but if you don't have a Facebook account, you can view them on my YouTube Channel.

https://www.facebook.com/gary.oddi

https://www.youtube.com/@goddi2/videos

It is always a joy to be able to document our trips using PTE.

Gary

• Like 2

Hi Gary

Just got up & watched the first show on food. Comments, you didn't mention "The Ulster Fry" which is the usual name for a full Irish breakfast. Not keen on the portrait (smart phone) shots, some companies like the BBC won't accept them, only landscape.

As this was the first show, I would have like to hear some traditional Iris music featuring the flute, fiddle & bodrum.

Music 

Looking forward to the remaining shows.

I did a 3 part show & left a couple of weeks between posting each one.

Rosy.

6 hours ago, rosy said:

Hi Gary

Just got up & watched the first show on food. Comments, you didn't mention "The Ulster Fry" which is the usual name for a full Irish breakfast. Not keen on the portrait (smart phone) shots, some companies like the BBC won't accept them, only landscape.

As this was the first show, I would have like to hear some traditional Iris music featuring the flute, fiddle & bodrum.

Music 

Looking forward to the remaining shows.

I did a 3 part show & left a couple of weeks between posting each one.

Rosy.

I didn't care what they called it.  :D Just the best of breakfasts!  When in Northern Ireland, no one used that term, 'The Ulster Fry'.

Per Google: "You will see that some 'experts' note the difference between a Full Irish and an Ulster Fry is that an Ulster Fry includes potato pancakes also known as farls or boxty. However not quite true as many Full Irish breakfasts include boxty the only real difference is that an Ulster Fry includes Irish Soda Bread."

The smart phone shots were made mainly to exclude areas outside the subject...the food. I even cropped out my wife on many of the shots. It was difficult to find Irish music that fit the scene and was not copyright protected. Finding music is the hardest part of making the shows.

I do have a fellow playing the flute in one of the shows (live).

Thanks... Gary

37 minutes ago, rosy said:

Gary 

I assume you know that if you haven't got a paid channel, copyright music will only be flagged. I've used copyright music in 90% of my shows on YT.

Rosy.

Watched show No 2, did you use a gimbal or just a selfie stick for the video shots, thought the night videos were very good, must be an expensive camera? Same comments as before for the portrait stills & video. The music was supposed to be traditional according to the comments on the steps as you went upstairs, I could hear a flute & a fiddle but not a bodrum. Bit too long to keep my interest. Suppose it wa the Biden factor?

In my PTE early days I made a show about Newcastle upon Tyne & used clips of the Riverdance music. Riverdance

Rosy.

6 hours ago, rosy said:

Watched show No 2, did you use a gimbal or just a selfie stick for the video shots, thought the night videos were very good, must be an expensive camera? Same comments as before for the portrait stills & video. The music was supposed to be traditional according to the comments on the steps as you went upstairs, I could hear a flute & a fiddle but not a bodrum. Bit too long to keep my interest. Suppose it wa the Biden factor?

In my PTE early days I made a show about Newcastle upon Tyne & used clips of the Riverdance music. Riverdance

Rosy.

Greetings Rosy,

I have had the experience of Facebook and YouTube flagging some of my shows due to copyright problems. The music was from a non-copyright source but someone had claimed it to make money off of it. Hard to fight. Even in the Ireland set of shows, all music is from non-copyright sources. However, several still have been flagged but allowed to be used. Kinda crazy. Some shows have been flagged so they has been restricted from playing certain countries or portions muted. I try to only use non-copyright music but they still get the attention of Facebook or Youtube. As I said, music is the most difficult part of making a show posting on Facebook or YouTube.

And many times, the name of the song that they claim is copyright protected is not the name of the song I used. :blink:

image.png.9e99339b60b0e061bf4621fb26ecc5a0.png

No, I don't use a gimbal. I have a GoPro 11. It really is amazing at keeping the shot steady. It has 'Hypersmooth' for stabilization. The 'Horizon Lock' provides the camera with the ability to keep the horizon level even when the camera rotates 360 degrees. Yea, some of the shows are a bit long. But they are made mainly for when I want to re-live the experience, even years later.:D

Gary

Added later: All GoPro11 video was hand-held. No selfie stick, just me holding the GoPro11.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goddi said:

Greetings Rosy,

I have had the experience of Facebook and YouTube flagging some of my shows due to copyright problems. The music was from a non-copyright source but someone had claimed it to make money off of it. Hard to fight. Even in the Ireland set of shows, all music is from non-copyright sources. However, several still have been flagged but allowed to be used. Kinda crazy. Some shows have been flagged so they has been restricted from playing certain countries or portions muted. I try to only use non-copyright music but they still get the attention of Facebook or Youtube. As I said, music is the most difficult part of making a show posting on Facebook or YouTube.

And many times, the name of the song that they claim is copyright protected is not the name of the song I used. :blink:

image.png.9e99339b60b0e061bf4621fb26ecc5a0.png

No, I don't use a gimbal. I have a GoPro 11. It really is amazing at keeping the shot steady. It has 'Hypersmooth' for stabilization. The 'Horizon Lock' provides the camera with the ability to keep the horizon level even when the camera rotates 360 degrees. Yea, some of the shows are a bit long. But they are made mainly for when I want to re-live the experience, even years later.:D

Gary

Hi Gary I appreciate that you want to use as much of your show as possible. I'm a martyr to making long shows.

I think Tom bought a GoPro 11 last year.

Rosy.

4 minutes ago, rosy said:

Hi again Gary, is this the model / bundle you used?

Rosy GoPro

Greetings Rosy,

I don't think you need all those accessories. I got the GoPro 11 Hero Black ($399).

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/cameras/hero11-black/CHDHX-111-master.html?gad=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1rqkBhCTARIsAAHz7K0qmM-SVZhW62o7mON-IOcqfoMvzUmqgCWjdOzfy2m1I5AX50-Dh_UaAoJZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought mine directly through GoPro. Bought the Volta but you really don't need it for extra battery. The batteries that come with it are really long-lasting. I might have put in a new battery once during my trip. Never used/needed the Volta. The MediaMod makes it difficult to change batteries. I got the Ulanzi metal cage (G9-5). Makes it easy to change batteries and good protection.

Ulanzi also has some good quick releases. I got several of the 'Claw' type for several different mounts. I also got the GoPro mouth mount. Didn't really use it for my mouth (but I could have) but it is a nice way to hold on to the GoPro and just set it down on a table for taping.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ulanzi+gopro+11&hvadid=631657206617&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9007596&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=9219756934376541761&hvtargid=kwd-1872785150381&hydadcr=18854_13355441&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_3qg0cc2dt3_e

https://www.ulanzi.com/collections/hero-11

Gary

20230618_181212.thumb.jpg.7e7fcb688b23fa06e8aeb697754d69f7.jpg

• goddi changed the title to Slideshow: Road-trip through the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland