WnSoft Forums

Help to choose laptop v.s. beamer

jan smit

I'have to buy a new laptop. Looking through the different type I see a lot off them have a higher resilution as 1024 by 768. I have an almost new beamer.

What to buy. I now that it's best as the beamer and the laptop have the same resolution.

If I buy a laptop with an higher resolution and put it back to 1024 for a presentation will I see that on the screen?

Regards,

Jan

Jan

By "beamer" do you mean digital projector ?? And do you mean that the projector is 1024x768 ?

If that is the case, my laptop is 1280x800 native (but will go to 2048x1536) and my projector is 1024x768

When using the projector I re-size the laptop to 1024x768 and it projects fine (looks skewed on the laptop screen, but fine on the projected screen)

I have a Dell 6000 laptop that runs at 1680x1050 resolution and an Infocus LP600 projector that has a native 1024x768 resolution. The cool thing is that when I hook up the projector the laptop automatically resizes to 1024x768. For once Windows XP seems to be an automated helper and I don't have to resize the laptop prior to projection. I have yet to try setting the projector to a high resolution but understand that it is possible. Since my shows are sized to 1024x768 it has not been an issue for me to this point.

I have a 1024 x 768 DLP Pojector and a laptop that can have a higher pixel rate. I have reduced the laptop screen to 1024 x 768 and the file size of each picture to the same. On projection everything is fine. I hope that this helps. John

Jan

By "beamer" do you mean digital projector ?? And do you mean that the projector is 1024x768 ?

If that is the case, my laptop is 1280x800 native (but will go to 2048x1536) and my projector is 1024x768

When using the projector I re-size the laptop to 1024x768 and it projects fine (looks skewed on the laptop screen, but fine on the projected screen)

Yes my projector is 1024 x 768. I was afraid that when I re-size the laptop screen from 1280x800 to 1024x768 it will look awfull on the beamer. But from you I understand that it's only awfull on the laptop. The projector is still projecting a 1024 x 768 screen.

Thanks

Jan