WnSoft Forums

how to use updated images in a show?

AckScott

I'm new to PTE AV  - Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it.

I've made adjustments in photoshop to images that are in a show. The changes are not reflected when I go back and open PTE AV. I see where I can use Slide > "Change Image File" and re-choose the same updated image. Is there a way these are updated automatically? or perhaps the PTE AV uses the latest versions when you Publish?

Thanks!

If you are working on a show & want to update an image, click on the image & press CTRL+W - first make sure that you have set Photoshop as your graphical editor in settings/preferences/system

Make the changes in PS & save it.

Then when back in PTE click onto another image & then click back on the one just edited & the changes should show.

If you have closed PTE and then edited the image, the changes should show when you next open PTE

All the above assumes that you have saved the changes in PS to the same filename.

It is good practice to never work on original files, but always do a Save As first with a new name.
PTE does not make any alterations to the images whatever you do in it, but obviously changes in PS will alter the image.

Jill

Greetings,

My way of doing is...

Have PS set as your Graphical Editor. Go to Settings/Preferences/System, Set Graphical Editor and point to your PS's exe file.

Then, for images already in the show, right-click on the image you want to make adjustments to (whether the image is in the File List or Slide List) and click on Edit File. PS will open with the image.

If you clicked on an image in the Slide List, after you've saved it in PS, it will automatically replace itself in the Slide List and the File List.

Gary

PS I see Jill already answered your question...

Personally, I don't edit JPGs because of the compression issues. I prefer to go back to the original RAW file and edit that. It is just one of my foibles!

HOWEVER,

For the purposes of addressing this problem I edited a JPG using Ctrl+W and found that the edits are immediately recognised regardless of whether the file is animated or not.

Because it is working for the non-animated slide I assume that you are correctly saving to the same folder and that you are getting the "replace" notice when saving from PS. Also, you are aware that Ctrl+w only works with Main Object Index 1 (from the Slide List). In Objects and Animation, Ctrl+W works with non-Main Object Index 1. When it returns to PTE the O&A screen needs to be refreshed (change to next or previous slide and back). The Slide list will not automatically refresh unless the image is Main Object Index 1.

Are you working with the latest version 11.0.8?

DG

P.S. If you open the slide with animation in Objects and Animation, are you noticing that the Image has been updated in O&A but not in the Slide List?