WnSoft Forums

Remove background music from audio track; save commentary.

goddi

Greetings,

I have posted a video on Facebook that I edited in PTE. It received copyright notices and the music was partially muted at certain points along the show. The video is from a company that video taped us doing whitewater rafting so it was mostly commentary with background music. I 'Exported the Soundtrack to File' so I now have it as an MP3 (38 minutes). But I can't find a way to get rid of the background music and save just the commentary.

Some online programs only allow a short mp3; others extract the music and not the commentary. I tried Audacity but could not get it to do it.

Is there a way to get rid of the background music or at least fade it out and save the commentary?

Gary

Greetings Macian,

I don't think NOTTA addresses this problem. I have an audio track from a video that has commentary and has background music that will trigger Facebook to mute certain portions that they say are copyrighted. I want to save the commentary without the music. I have converted the audio track to MP3 but can't find a program that will do the separation...yet. If I can save the commentary, I can fill in the muted music sections with other selections.

Gary