WnSoft Forums

New categories on the forum. Voting

Igor

What kind of the forum you'd like to see?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of the forum you'd like to see?

• No categories. Only the one main forum.
    • With 3-6 categories (look at the list below).
    • Much more than 6 categories.

With 3-6 categories:

1) General forum (announcements, common questions. It's a current main forum)

2) Introduction to PicturesToExe (with pinned topics: FAQ; Tips & tricks; sites where located helpful info about PTE; useful programs)

4) Announcements of new presentations (with pinned URLs of Web sites were placed presentations created with PTE)

5) And at once or later several new categories:

Digital photo/presentation (very wide theme);

Images issues;

Sound issues.

All categories are available for postings, of course.

Igor,

You are influencing the vote by calling the third category "Much more than 6. I voted for it, but I didn't vote for much more than 6, only "more than 6". People might be turned off by the word "Much". You need another category, "7 to 10", and then list the items.

Hi Igor,

I voted for the 1 to 6 categories. It's my position too many categories would be just as confusing as no categories at all. I'm not sure the categories you've suggested are the best to put out there. Maybe after you establish the right number of categories we could take a few days/weeks to discuss the proper titles for the categories. Having the "right" category is probably as important as have them.

Thanks for the chance to contribute!

jrb

I wish to vote (even if I agree with both alrobin and jrb: maybe 7 categories are better than 6, and anyhow the RIGHT categories are the most important choice), but I get the message "You have already voted in this poll", and this is NOT true: I only looked the results! :huh:

(see also posts by ronwil, Ken, ecps in Truelight's poll, http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=380 )

I voted for 3 to 6 topics:

These IMHO should be:

1. Graphics

2. Sounds and Music

3. Members - covering URLs of slideshows created by members - also in this category a collection of free/useful complementing software should be pinned - and general chit chat.

4. General for problems that don't fit in the above categories.

And most importantly I think an FAQ should be developed and should be available from the main Pic2Exe site rather than a category.

Just some ramblings from my keyboard.

I am for the "more than 6 categories". I agree with Cath, however I'd also add "Random Complaints, Irrelevant Bitching and Generally Useless Posts". Others to consider are, "Personal Assaults", "The Weather" and "Pet Peeves". :huh:

I'm sorry, Guido! That's a some strange bug... I also couldn't vote in that poll.

There is a new update for the forum engine on the Invision Board Web site. And we can install it...

p.s. we can start with a small number of categories and always can re-organize its structure or add new ones.

Thanks Igor...

I appreciate your action on this item. Forgive me if I've been a bit pushy in seeking some attention regarding this. I will remove my poll (if I can do that).

I'd say start out with just a few categories and add more as needs dictate. The most important thing is stay involved with the forum or appoint a Sysop to do so. Your forum is your link to your customers (and potential customers) and it's one way PTE rises above the competition. Very few software companies have something like this... make the most of it!

For-what-it's-Worth (FWIW) - In my opinion, the Digital Photo Review Forum is the best run on the web. Though it is much bigger, you could do worse than emulate the way things are done there.

Regards.... :huh:

-- Rick

Well if he emulates a black screen i will not be checking in-- i sat thru too many meetings where the people putting on a presentation and they thought they were "cool" when they made overheads all black -- then they would turn on the lights and it would take minutes before everyone's eyes would adjust.

the very same people would complain about office expenses -- but toner etc for their presentations did not count :huh:

a site that is black has to have some very important info that i have to have to get me to stay.

ken

:)

To Truelight

Please don't remove your poll! It helped me to learn about the most requested category. And as you can see the results are similar and we'd like to add such categories.

I must to let you know that forum gives terrific creative capabilities!

Thanks!

....a site that is black has to have some very important info that i have to have to get me to stay.

Ken,

You won't like my "Dark-Table" in the Adjustor model, then! :rolleyes:

I, personally, like dark pages for photo-intensive content as it removes distractions, and lets your irises open up so you can see minute colour detail in the photos.

In our camera club, we always turn the lights out when we put on a slide show.

We also judge prints in a darkened room, with a dark velvet cloth on the easel, with just one light above the print to illuminate it. (this, I think is going a little too far, but............different strokes ............ ) :)

Ken, that's probably a more fitting answer than you realize. None of the images that have appeared on my "Dark-Table" so far are gallery material, either! :rolleyes:

I do get your point about a dark forum, though, although I must say that my favourite web sites are the ones done in black, with light-coloured text. They are beautiful, but can be very difficult to print sometimes, though.

Igor:

With the new forum, is there a way to list all the requests for improvements to PTE that have been suggested and not implemented, and allow, somehow, the users to indicate their top three priorities.

Something along the line of the voting re this forum format.

I recognize that the voting might have to be done weekly as you get flooded with some many requests (give us an inch, we want a mile !! ;) )

In the meantime, thanks for your great work and responses to requests for changes !!!!

Igor, I think all forum members are able to understand you cannot at the same time work at PTE, plan new inprovements, add categories in forum... and who knows what again!