WnSoft Forums

"Master" Slide??

Dewcal

I am trying to produce a show where each slide should have a static line of text and two logos appearing on top of each image.  In ProShow I could achieve this using a "master" slide.

Can someone kindly advise me as to how I can achieve this in PTE Studio?  I am still trying to understand the difference in terminology and how it all works!

The show will be 1920 x 1080 and I want each image to be the full size of the screen with the logos / text on top of the image.  Help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, Dewcal said:

I want each image to be the full size of the screen with the logos / text on top of the image

If you look at Project Options/Screen you will see there is an option to add a Watermark

Simply create an image that has your Logo/text - you can do this as a separate Project in PTE & the save that image as a png.

You then add this image as a Watermark & it will appear on every Slide.

Jill

13 hours ago, davegee said:

Can you point to an example video of the effect that you are trying to produce? It would help.

DG

image.png.48e28948480ab49a04b1b0e02052abaa.png

Thanks Dave, Am trying to replicate the above screen shot with a fixed logo in the corner and the year the image was taken - as the images were taken over several years, the latter will change throughout the show.

11 hours ago, jkb said:

If you look at Project Options/Screen you will see there is an option to add a Watermark

Simply create an image that has your Logo/text - you can do this as a separate Project in PTE & the save that image as a png.

You then add this image as a Watermark & it will appear on every Slide.

Jill

Thanks Jill, The use of a "manufactured" image as a watermark will work for the logo(s) on this project. If I am thinking correctly it will not allow me to show a variable "year".

To automate a variable year the images was taken, am I correct in saying I need a field in a template for the exif date?  The "built in" field seems to give me the full date - 23rd May 2009 - is there a way to just have the year appear?

Thanks agin.

1 hour ago, Dewcal said:

image.png.48e28948480ab49a04b1b0e02052abaa.png

Thanks Dave, Am trying to replicate the above screen shot with a fixed logo in the corner and the year the image was taken - as the images were taken over several years, the latter will change throughout the show.

Add your Text as a "Text Template" - https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/11.0/how_to_v11/add_text#insert_text_template

Position and Size it by dragging to the bottom right in Objects and Animation. Size by using the Zoom control in Animation Tab or use grab handles. Save as a Style and Apply it to Single or Multiple Images/Slides.

Try this Style - drag an image into the Slide List (it will assume Main Object/Index 1 - see O&A Properties Tab) and Import and Apply this Style. 

Text Template - Date.ptestyle

Import a Style: https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/11.0/slide-styles/import

Apply a Style: https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/11.0/slide-styles/apply

DG

• Like 1

Dave,

Many thanks for your response - appreciated.  I have downloaded your style and bookmarked the references to allow me to try it out this evening.

Thanks again.

Dave, have managed to look at style you sent and appreciate how you have "covered" the unwanted part of the date - have never used masking in PTE before so have learnt something - thank you again.