WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #6

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #6 is released:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,25 Mb)

What's new in beta #6:

* Fixed one rare old bug in the Startup screen, if you twice opened the Help window.

+ PicturesToExe will show a project name in the confirmation dialog (when you try to close not saved project)

+ Added support of Chinese Traditional language

Thanks for the upgrades, Igor.

However, there is still a bug in the "save file" procedure. This was pointed out several weeks ago.

When you "save as", you are prompted with the name of the project, not the name of the file you are saving, so you always have to type in the name of the file, or get it from the list of potential files, before continuing to save.

If we were saving "projects" this would make sense, but we are not. We are saving "files" (under the same project name, perhaps) so we should see the name of the "file" when we "save as".

At the moment, I don't really know whether the file would save as the project name or the file name if I were to just "save" the file, so I never take a chance.

I am still having trouble when I am adding a GIF with the object editor.

I have two gifs links here, if you try and add the first one it works fine.

If I try and add the second one it has the option for Transparent background

checked and I can not uncheck it and leave it that way. If I uncheck it it looks fine.

But, when I click the OK to close the object editor. And I go back into the Object editor

it is still check. This second GIF does not look good with the Transparent BackGround.

Both Gif's worked fine in 3.8. I like the Transparent Background option. But not with this graphic.

http://216.43.119.72/photos/Relay_1.gif

http://216.43.119.72/photos/Relay_2.gif

thanks cc

I have tried to change the background color and still will not work.

Does anybody have any Idea why?

I know in the first beta of 4.0 it said that they had

"> Added support for transparent GIF pictures (as objects of slide);"

This is why I keep bringing this up.

cc

:rolleyes:

ccmanz,

the fact, that transparency looks strange on your gifs might be due to the fact, that very fine lines between your text get transparent as well, since it's also white.

Try to change only the background color (main border) of your gif, but not the white within the thumbnaillike poster. This way, the text should not get affected by too fine and therefore disturbing transparency.

I'm sure, it's a matter of your particular images and not a matter of PTE.

I'll send you a new image, if you have your e-mail address deposited.

Try to change only the background color (main border) of your gif, but not the white within the thumbnaillike poster. This way, the text should not get affected by too fine and therefore disturbing transparency.

Thank you,

That has taken care of my Problem

The Gif now works.

cc

cc,

I looked at your GIF's, and even if you make only the true white portion transparent, it will still not look right on a dark background (it's ok on white). I had the same problem importing the GIF for a website link I wanted to add, and it looked good on white, but terrible on a dark web page (ken, no comments, please!! :rolleyes: )

For it to look good on dark, you have to draw the graphic without smoothing effects. In other words, use hard edges between the colours so there won't be any distracting "off-whites" (or "off-darks", if you are using a dark image on a white background, but they don't look as bad as off-whites on a dark background.) Kapiche?

RudiRe changed the graphic for me, And now it looks OK on a Dark Background. He must have done what you are talking about.

Thank you for the information.

I still wonder why my orginal Graphic would not allow me to turn off the transparent background?

I would have been happy with it if I could have just turned off the option. But it would not allow me to do so.

But is is working now and all is well

Thanks again for the help

cc

ccmanz,

when a gif already is transparent, you cannot just "switch off" its transparency.

The transparency selection within PTE has the function, to make untransparent gifs transparent, but it won't eliminate the transparency, which already is inherent within a gif.

Therefore, it's always best, to use untransparent gifs within PTE and decide then, whether to make it transparent or not.

This is also the reason, why the transparency selection mark was greyed out on one of your pictures, meaning "no chance to change", since the gif already was transparent by itself.

The transparency selection within PTE has the function, to make untransparent gifs transparent,

Rudie:

Could you please explain what you mean re the quote and how it is achieved within PTE

Thx

Someone refresh my memory - why do we need a separate Project name and File name?

I don't remember the benefit...why isn't the project name updated to match the file name automatically?

Can we just abandone the project name altogether - remove it from PTE?

Dana

Someone refresh my memory - why do we need a separate Project name and File name?

I don't remember the benefit...why isn't the project name updated to match the file name automatically?

Can we just abandone the project name altogether - remove it from PTE?

Dana: See recent discussion re this at

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=399

(The Project has changed)

JRR,

when you add a gif as object, then PTE gives you the choice, to make it transparent or leave it untransparent as it is.

If transparency is checked (marked), PTE takes the upper left pixel of your gif-object and makes all other pixels with the same color transparent.

I hope, this explanation answers your question. If not, let me know.

Igor, I'm sorry that your thread led to completely new topics.

On the other hand, that's great.