WnSoft Forums

Music synchronisation problem [SOLVED]

JEB

Why is it that when I make an HD video from a PTE sequence that is tightly synchronised with the beat of music the HD video is out of sync yet an .exe and the PTE are both in sync?

Hi,

Let me know exact version of PTE AV Studio (from the About window).

Check a state of an option "Synchronize slides and soundtrack" in the Project Options > Advanced tab. This option should be ticked.

Do you use MP3, WAV or another format?

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me know exact version of PTE AV Studio (from the About window). 

11.0.11 (64-bit) Build 1

Check a state of an option "Synchronize slides and soundtrack" in the Project Options > Advanced tab. This option should be ticked.

Yes, this is ticked.

Do you use MP3, WAV or another format?

MP3

Regards,

John

John,

Thanks for these details.

Please try to open your HD video file in another video player. For example, in the latest VLC player.

Try my project, attached below. I use it to check audio synchronization in PTE since v5.0. I checked v11.0.11 and found no problem with synchronization in a MP4 HD video and in EXE show.

SyncTest.zip

Thank you Igor,

That has done it. I was using M/S Media Player (11.2312.7.0) as my default player and have now changed it to VLC and it runs perfectly.

Regards

John

• Igor changed the title to Music synchronisation problem [SOLVED]

Hi John,

Glad that you found the solution using VLC.

I checked a MP4 video creatd in MS Media Player v11.2312.7.0 and audio/video synchronization was perfect.

P.S. If you want, send me the original project (backup in a ZIP) and created MP4 video for checking.

Hi Igor,

I have created a Backup in Zip which I would be happy to send to you but it exceeds the 7.81 MB. I could send it with WeTransfer if you care to give me an email address.

Since I raised this I have made an abridged version of the show that was badly out of sync with Media Player and notice that this abridged version also is out of sync with Media Player but meets my expectations on VLC.

I look forward to your findings.

Regards

John

Hi John,

Thanks for sending me your video file.

After checking, I discovered that the issue with audio/video synchronization occurs in Microsoft Media Player only under Windows 10 (we checked 2 computers). And Media Player in Windows 11 plays correctly this video (and other videos from PTE), checked on two computers.

VLC and MPC HC players open and play correctly this video on any Windows 10 or 11.

QuickTime player in Mac (macOS 14 Sonoma) also plays correctly the video.

It seems that Microsoft has improved Media Player code in Windows 11 for better audio/video synchronization.