WnSoft Forums

Posting PTE Slideshow to YouTube

Wondering if anyone can help. 

When I post my PTE slideshows to YouTube, the quality diminishes dramatically.  Crisp pix become fuzzy.  My process is to use Lightroom Classic to edit and Topaz AI to sharpen the pix.  Once processed, pix are copied to a folder on my desktop (per WnSoft they must be exported to a new folder after being processed in LRC.  I do notice some deterioration in the number of pixels in some but not all pix...between 15-22%...after exporting.  Sometimes the deterioration affects only the short side of a landscape photo; sometimes both dimensions.)  

If the issue is with YouTube, I'd love suggestions on where/how to post so family members around the US can see the slideshow.  Does anyone have a personal website where you post and, if so, what vendor did you use to create the site.  Thanks for any insights.

Doug:

( I might not be the best person to answer from a PTE context, but here are my thoughts)

I have no issues posting YOUTUBE videos using pictures processed in Lightroom Classic (LrC), and/or Topaz and/or PhotoShop(PS).

I have not lately produced any videos through PTE as I use PhotoShop to prepare them, using 99% video from my camera plus still sometimes. (Yes I should be using PTE, it's nothing wrong with PTE that I am not using, it just for most of my current videos - very short clips - it's simpler to use PS.)

I think there could be a few issues:

I assume you are not changing the size in Topaz, but it sounds to me like you are possibly changing the size and quality when exporting from LrC. Have you checked the pixel dimensions of the files after exporting from LrC? (If you were shooting in jpg, the exported file should be the same in terms of pixel dimensions and mb storage). 

Another possibility is that producing the video output from PTE you might not be outputting a high quality 1920x1080 (or higher) I am not conversant with the options for this in PTE so someone else needs to answer this. But I can tell you I have converted a good many of my old PTE AVs to mp4 files with no observable loss of quality

My videos are posted on YOUTUBE and then linked to one or two websites hosted at no cost by Adobe (through my creative cloud subscription)

My YOUTUBE channel is https   ://www.youtube.com/c/JimRobertson  (delete the spaces between the "https" and the ":")

This webpage on one of my websites has a good number of videos: https://photo-stories.myportfolio.com/parc-omega-february-2024

Hope you solve your issues. I can understand how frustrating they can be 

JRR, while not an expert myself, I agree with your observations. I've put several PTE shows on my photo site and I've been pleased with the final product. Sometimes I've chosen to use Adobe Media to "redo" the mp4 with another preset, but mostly the PTE shows come out fine.

BTW, nice work on your photo site.

Hi Doug,

If your monitor is 4K (screen resolution 3840 x 2160), try creating the final MP4 video in PTE AV Studio with the same pixel resolution of 3840 x 2160.

Check the quality of the created MP4 video in PTE AV Studio on your computer using VLC or Media Player. So, you can compare the visual quality of the original video and the published copy on YouTube. And determine where the problem occurs.

If the local video file quality is excellent (a picture is sharp), but YouTube shows poor image quality, check the quality switch in the bottom YouTube toolbar. Sometimes it automatically selects a low resolution (720 or even 480). Switch manually to 1080 or even 2160 if you created a 4K video).

• Like 1