WnSoft Forums

Problem with Windows Intel Core i9 laptop [SOLVED]

lauwejo

I created a project in PTE AV Studio 11 on a slightly older laptop. It is a large project in which 7 HD MP4 videos were successively processed, which were also created with PTE AV Studio 11. Due to its size, the intention is for this project to be shown in evaluation mode.

I now have a new laptop, but when I show that project in evaluation mode, the image freezes in various places while the music continues, and I get vibrations in the image in some places.

The laptop with which the project was created has the following features:
Windows 11 Home
Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-76UK
Intel Core i7 - 8750 H 2.2GHz - 32 GB DDR4
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB dedicated VRAM
8TB SSD

The new laptop on which the problems occur has the following characteristics:
Windows 11 Home
Intel® Core™ i9-13900HX processor Tetracosa core (24 Core™) 2.20 GHz
32GB, DDR5 SDRAM
1TB SSD
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070 with 8 GB dedicated VRAM

Hi,

We apologize for this problem!

Let me know exact model name of your new laptop.

1. Try to update graphics drivers (NVIDIA) on the new laptop.

If it didn't help:

2. If you have access to the old laptop. Please open the same project (with 7 HD video clips) on both laptops (new and old ones).
Click the play button to watch a preview in the  panel of the main window.

Open the Task Manager and check memory usage for "PTE AV Studio" app on both laptops while you watching the preview.

When you notice any freezing or defects on a picture, let me know memory usage at this moment.

3. Create a simple test project, which contains only 3 video clips (about 3 minutes of total duration).
Click the play to watch a preview. Do you observe any problem on the new laptop?

Hello,

Model name of my new laptop: Acer Predator Helios 16 (Predator PH16-71)

The NVIDIA graphics driver is the most recent version.

Playing the project in preview mode on the new laptop memory use is going permanently up and the preview freezes with PTE memory use of 16210,4 Mb!

On the old laptop the PTE memory use stays permanently under 500 Mb, and the use at the same picture where the project freezes on the new laptop is the memory use on the old laptop 486,7 Mb (and the preview keep running).

I wil come back to you later after creating the simple test project with the new laptop.

Have you set up your new laptop to make sure it is using the Nvidia card for PTE.

Also are you running on mains power not battery.

I have an Acer laptop & I find that even though it is set to always use the Nvidia for PTE it will revert to the Intel chip when running on battery.
So I have to plug it in when I want to publish an MP4 for instance.

I haven't found any problems with using video within PTE, although when using small sections from a 90 minute video in several places it did stutter a little sometimes in preview.

Jill

• Thanks 1

I tried to upload a small test project with 3 MP4 files but the total size exceed the max. alowed size.

However, the memory use is going up during each MP4, going down in the beginning of the folowing MP4, and reaches 10146 Mb on the largest MP4.

Duration of the 3 MP4's : 24" + 49" + 1.26".

And no, I did not play on battery mode.

I suppose the NVIDIA card automaticaly being used if the software makes it possible. I don't know how to set up the laptop to make sure the GPU is used for PTE or wich program whatsoever.

5 hours ago, lauwejo said:

I don't know how to set up the laptop to make sure the GPU is used for PTE

Right Click the Desktop & select Nvidia Control Panel.

Select Manage 3D Settings from the Menu on the Left then the Program Settings Tab

Under Select a program to Customise - Navigate to your Program Files & find 

PTE AV Studio exe & click Add

Then under Select the Preferred Graphics processor make sure it is High Performance Nvidia.

I have also set pte viewer to use the Nvidia as well.

If you have different versions of PTE on your Laptop make sure you do it for each Version.

Jill

• Thanks 1

Jill,

Thanks for your advice regarding NVIDIA option!

I've received a message from the user that it solved the problem.

We'll try to find a similar laptop to explore this issue with default settings.

• Like 1

Hi,

We found a solution to this problem (memory leak and freezing).

This issue occured on Intel UHD graphics (12-gen and 13-gen Intel Core CPU) with the latest graphics drivers.

Please try the new version 11.0.11, build 3:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

It was a bug in the Intel graphics drivers. We have found a workaround and I just  sent a report to Intel engineers.

• Like 1

• Igor changed the title to Problem with Windows Intel Core i9 laptop [SOLVED]

Congratualions! I tested the new version with Intel Graphics.

Memory usage stays around 750MB and there is no freezing. The whole production is going well in play mode and evaluation mode. Thanks a lot.