WnSoft Forums

Bug or just don't understand?

LumenLux

Having been baffled in the wee hours last night, now in the clear of day, I am still lacking in understanding of a PTE feature. In the main window, with slides thumbnails showing across the bottom, the slide(s) copy feature seems to act erratic. If someone can explain what I am missing, that will be better than having to inform Igor that it doesn't work "correctly."

As a diagnostic tool, I did the following.

Start with one slide. I unchecked the "show image" box. I used object editor text to make a big "1' in the middle of the screen. I copy/paste so I have 10 identical slides in the line. Using object editor I changed each slide so I now have slides #1-#10 which run as a quick show in preview.

Now, I high-light all 10 slides in the slide window. Push Ctrl-C to copy and then Ctrl-V to paste. The window now shows 20 slides. I use preview. Preview run displays slides #1 - #9, leaves out #10 and then displays the final #1 - #10 and THEN the "missing" #10. The slide thumbnails line shows #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10.

On other similar tests, the resulting sequence appears to be a "flip" of the original 10 slides. So the result is #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 !

I think it may have to do with what PTE deems to be the INSERT POINT. But I don't understand how to dictate or understand where that point will be in all cases.

It now seems to me that the Paste function is intended to always paste to position PRECEDING the first highlighted slide. But one can easily confuse things by not realizing a lone slide that remains highlighted or by pasting when NO slide is highlighted. I guess especially confusing to me is the following scenario:

Ten slides numbered 1-10. Ctrl-C. Click outside the slides, to work for a moment, therefor nothing is highlighted. Ctrl-V. The resulting sequence is the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,.

Anyone able to share any light on this specific or the whole Copy/Paste process? Clearly it would only be a concern in relatively few sequences we construct. In the case of my "Water".exe demo, it was making me nuts.

Hi Lumenlux,

I have checked your process and get exactly the same result. Slides 1 to 10 when pasted at the end of the show are reversed in order. I wondered whether it had anything to do with the original filename used to make the first slide, but the file name does not change. So I am as baffled as you. Maybe its a feature !!!

Jeff