WnSoft Forums

New technology

Mike Reed

Has anybody had experience of the latest Lap Tops. I am not a tecnical person but have the use of an Acer Ferrari which I understand is a 64 bit machine. Last night running a series of sequencies the pictures ran perfectly but the sound track stopped some 3/4 minutes into each sequence and remained silent through to the end. One of the audience wondered if it was anthing to do with the fact that PTE is designed for 32 bit systems not 64 and that the lap top was stumbling over all the recalculating it was having to do.

Mike

you dont say whether you are running off the cd or whether you have copied and pasted to the HD

i believe running from the cd does not play proper

please qualify

ken

Hi Ken

Yes we were running from the Hard disk and had the anti virus turned off.

Mike

PicturesToExe works fine under PC/laptops with 64-bit CPU and also compatible with Windows XP x64 (64-bit).

Maybe problem in our sound player in PicturesToExe with this particular sound card.

Please write me to int_support (at) wnsoft.com

When you say the music stopped do you mean it stopped midway or the misic played the full length but ended before your images did.

If it is the second option, it sounds like you put together an auto slide show and did not use the time line.

Barry

When you say the music stopped do you mean it stopped midway or the misic played the full length but ended before your images did.

If it is the second option, it sounds like you put together an auto slide show and did not use the time line.

Barry

Barry.

No the music just stopped. The authors tell me that it should have run to the end of the sequence and indeed did so on their kit.

Mike

Hi Mike

Check with the authors how they added the music. If they used a .wma file, or used Windows Media Player to encode an MP3 file then the problem could be the copyright protection encoded with the file. That would explain why it plays back perfectly on their own system but not on yours. Worth a try anyway!

As a rule of thumb its best to steer well clear of Media Player and use a third-party product like Audio Grabber instead.

Ian

Mike

OK, I thought I had the answer, but it appears not.

I recently bought a state of the art Acer laptop with the right graphics card for PTE, but as soon as it was plugged into a Projector the display on the laptop flickered and detroyed any chance of showing a slide show.

It went back and for less than half the money I bought a desktop with twice the spec.

Barry

Hi Mike

Check with the authors how they added the music. If they used a .wma file, or used Windows Media Player to encode an MP3 file then the problem could be the copyright protection encoded with the file. That would explain why it plays back perfectly on their own system but not on yours. Worth a try anyway!

As a rule of thumb its best to steer well clear of Media Player and use a third-party product like Audio Grabber instead.

Ian

Thanks Ian. I will pass on your comments to our expert. Lookforward to seeing you on the 23rd at Wokingham