WnSoft Forums

KenBurns Effect Beta 5.0

nickles

About a year ago I posted the PTE Panorama at the cottage. I spent a brief time with one of the photos I used and did a quick redo.....not anything like the quality of Lin Evans nice work.

I've uploaded to my Yahoo Briefcase...it's the file called KenBurns.zip. You must have PTE Beta 5.0 installed to used it. It includes one photo, one midi, and a KenBurns.pte file.

Something for those who wish too play around with beta 5.0 to start with.

It's located here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sknickles@sb...ic+Data&.view=l

You may have to hit your browsers refresh several time to get it...only 600 kbytes big.

ken

:blink:

p.s. When I noted "Not a very good one" I'm not refering to Beta 5.0 but my show.

Well Nickles, that little display works real well on this pc. I take it you had not been so fancy with your year ago treatment of that photo? On my display, the photo is a little "crackly, moiree shuddering style" until the photo reaches almost full screen. I wonder if this effect could be toned down if photo dimensions and pixel count are reduced to the absolute minimum necessary for the most zoomed in view. If that doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try another description. Once the photo goes into pan mode, it is silk milk smooth.

Thanks for posting this. As I mowed the lawn thinking of possible trial efforts here, I had thought of a large family group photo I had printed at Christmas. With 30+ people, it is difficult to print large enough for each person to see clearly themselves. With Igor's view we can expect to point out every blemish in even the largest group photo! :D

Ken,

That is a great demo. I have to admit I could not understand Igors demos (sorry Igor) but once I open yours I got the trick. By the way, I have few questions:

Is it possible to make an endless 360 degree panorama ?

Why it stops after one time displaying of the slide even I checked the "Repeat till Esc" ?

How we make your demo to be in custom mode window and not full screen ?

Thank you

Granot

On my display, the photo is a little "crackly, moiree shuddering style" until the photo reaches almost full screen. I wonder if this effect could be toned down if photo dimensions and pixel count are reduced to the absolute minimum necessary for the most zoomed in view. If that doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try another description. Once the photo goes into pan mode, it is silk milk smooth.

Hello Lumenlux:

I noticed the same thing...but didn't spend any time on that...suspect if I had done a slight amount of gaussian blur on original it may have fixed it....although you must admit that it was a pretty extreme zoom starting at 1 pixel. I was more interested in learning how to use Igor's new stuff.

In my original PTE Panorama I had to slice the photo up in precise quarter segments and used five individual slides...fairly complicated. Igor's new software makes it a breeze once you figure out how to use it.

The photo is one of my heirlooms of my mother-in-law...top row first girl on left...she's gone now. Kind of neat to pan around in...you know holes in the britches, bean flips, fancy shoes, and quite a spectrum of faces.

I also noticed on my system after I had uploaded...the midi hangs up on one note at the end? I would normally use a MP3 but tried to keep file small. Did it have a prolonged hangup on one note on your system?

ken

:unsure:

Thanks Ken!

I am always thankful for all the generosity of members of this Forum sharing their time and energy so freely with each other. It is great to see so much enthusiasm and new ideas generated by Igor's new download.

I can't wait to have a chunk of time to play and have some fun with it.

I've spent so much time sorting out computer nightmares here, I'l have to update web sites first and then post some of my stuff up to share.

Meanwhile it's a glorious sunny day in Wiltshire, I've been allocated gardening tasks and housework for the rest of the day ....... :angry: but I look forward to checking out more new developments later. :D

Thankful to be back to almost full mouse control even if the keyboard wants to write in code here !

Thanks again Ken :D

Maureen

I made a pan with zooms and stop and goes.

It is much easier as with other programs.

And it works smooth although the picture has over 12 MB.

Only thing: It would bei great, if the change between stop an go would be smoother.

http://www.dfotos.de/downloads/pan_and_zoom.zip

Best regards

Adda

Hello Adda,

Superbly done! What a beautiful city. Igor's software causes one to look at photos in a very different way..doesn't it.

Worked very smoothly on my computer...there is one or two places that I might slow the pan down just a small bit...but in general the timing was excellent.

I'm going to post this in a new thread so that everybody gets a chance to see it. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks for sharing.

ken

:D