WnSoft Forums

Why I love the new PTE 5.0 Beta - Demo

ADB

Heres a small demo made with the new beta:-

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bussty/test.exe

it really is limitless as to what is now possible with PTE but here are the fundamental things for me that make this beta so special.

- Multiple scrolling/zooming of images

- Rolling text

- Zooming & Panning while maintaining the same screen space (Project Options/Screen/ Custom Ratio 1.5 chosen for this presentation) This lets you seemlessly move from standard 35mm Frame size images to rolling panoramas or zooms without increasing your image footprint - very cool, of course the same happens if you do full screen shows but the average computer screen doesn't match the traditional 35mm Ratio of the image so this feature is very handy.

Again, a big thank you to the PTE team

Andrew,

Very nice. Ran extremely smooth in all your pans and multilayered transitions.

On the third re-cycle of your show, it began to stutter on the second image transition as the shadowy mountains began to appear. I had to escape and restart....and the stuttering did not repeat?

Hope all is safe in Newzealand...

ken

:D

Thanks Ken & Ken! :-)

That is one issue I think Igor will need to attempt to solve, is the slight jitter or jerk when you have one image on the screen and a new image then comes on screen, it seems this is problematic and may be down to video card, would be great to hear if ANYBODY with a higher spec video card can view the demo without any jitters or jerks ?

And yes all is safe in NZ, but this isn't hard as we are so far away from anywhere else :-)

Main PC NVidia GeForce 6700 XL

All ran very smoothly Andrew.

Enjoyed seeing your effects, no problems at all.

Best wishes

Maureen

I like that you used 1.5 aspect ratio. Fresh look.

By the way, we added special command line parameter -cover

For example, when I watch your slide-show on 15" display with aspect ratio 4:3 I see black strips on top and bottom.

But If I type

test.exe -cover

I'll see picture covered entire screen. Of course, with this parameter some part of picture will be left outside of the screen.

Thanks Ken & Ken! :-)

That is one issue I think Igor will need to attempt to solve, is the slight jitter or jerk when you have one image on the screen and a new image then comes on screen, it seems this is problematic and may be down to video card, would be great to hear if ANYBODY with a higher spec video card can view the demo without any jitters or jerks ?

And yes all is safe in NZ, but this isn't hard as we are so far away from anywhere else :-)

Stunning scenery Andrew, all ran smooth as silk on my system.

Radeon X550 twin.

Pentium 4 3.40.

2gigs RAM.

John.

Thanks John I think I will definitely be upgrading my video card :-)

The scenery is pretty much the view outside my window but not for long as we are moving soon :-(

Thanks John I think I will definitely be upgrading my video card :-)

The scenery is pretty much the view outside my window but not for long as we are moving soon :-(

Beautiful images and great aesthetics too! Too bad you are leaving such a beautiful area - where to?

Best regards,

Lin

LIn

if you have google earth he will likely send his co ordinates

another great waster of my valuable time:)

http://earth.google.com/

ken

Hey Ken,

LOL - mine too - but I'm not sure how "valuable" my time is any more except for the first time in my 64 years I'm begining to worry about being on the "downhill" side... I've been trying to retire for the last couple years - tired of shooting product and art and would like to spend more time shooting wildlife and nature but my Wife was unemployed for the last 27 months and I had to go back to work - HA! Now she's found a nice new Director position with a high tech company but works "remote" so we now share an office. Maybe I can start thinking about retirement again and she can have the office to herself - LOL..

Best regards,

Lin

Beautiful images and great aesthetics too! Too bad you are leaving such a beautiful area - where to?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, thanks for that, we are moving about 10 km's away to almost a country location, still surrounded by mountains but no view of the lake. We currently live on a very steep section (hence the view!) but just having had our first baby we are looking for a flatter warmer location, but we will definitely miss the view.

The place we are moving to is very pretty though, surounded by lots of Larches and other autumn trees so this time of year is spectacular.

Main PC NVidia GeForce 6700 XL

All ran very smoothly Andrew.

Enjoyed seeing your effects, no problems at all.

Best wishes

Maureen

Thanks Maureen

That's good to know I'm thinking about moving to a Geforce 6700 or 6800, we are looking forward to along winter plenty of time to play with the new PTE !! :-)

Andrew

After you have answered Igor's question I would like to say how much I admired your sequence. Also I would like to congratulate you and your wife on the arrival of your first born from here on the borders of Raynes Park, where as you will know, there are no distant mountain views but rooftops, including those of my elder son.

Ron [uK]

Andrew,

What is your current video card?

Hi Igor

Card is an Nvidea Geforce MX 440

I do recall seeing somewhere that you said this level of card probably wouldn't cope with the new Beta.

I'm looking at getting a nvidea Geforce 6800 or 6600 series card with 256mb memory should this be sufficient??

Regards

Andrew

Andrew

After you have answered Igor's question I would like to say how much I admired your sequence. Also I would like to congratulate you and your wife on the arrival of your first born from here on the borders of Raynes Park, where as you will know, there are no distant mountain views but rooftops, including those of my elder son.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Ron, Tom is joy to have around and keeping us both fascinated and tired at the same time :-)

Glad you liked the sequence. I'm thinking though those rooftops in the right light (storm lighting maybe) would make for some interesting pans and zooms :-)

I'm looking at getting a nvidea Geforce 6800 or 6600 series card with 256mb memory should this be sufficient??

Of course!

Your current Geforce MX 440 is not enough powerful for v5.00 unfortunately. So jerks occur with large Pan images. But Geforce 6800 in 20 times more powerful than your current video card.

Hi

I have just watched your show and on my PC it ran extremely well - I stopped it after the fifth cycle.

I have a Pentium IV HT, 2 Gb RAM and a nVidia FX5600XT with 256 Mb RAM if that is any help.

Am looking forward to the new release.

Eric

Thanks Eric

I have finally decided on a Leadtek nvidea Geforce 6600GT

http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_a6600_gttdh_1.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/dis...0gt-agp_22.html

Should be more than fast enough for PTE 5.0 and appears to be good value too.

Hello "thedom"

Had to pull it from the site as I needed the space but now have freed some room so am reloading. Should be back up in about 15 mins.

Is a very simple sequence but that is one of the special things about PTE 5.0 you can make a very atmospheric presentation with just a few images and some ambient music and sounds.

I really can't wait for the audio synchronization feature to be re-implemented and then I will have my winter nights full as I have at least a dozen shows I want to put together but have been holding off for over a year with the anticpation of this release of PTE.

PTE and the shows it can now produce provide a hugely different experience from the old PTE and I imagine we can all look forward to seeing some stunning presentations on Beechbrook now that we can incorporate smooth motion into our shows.

I now see PTE 5.0 as providing a real "cinematic" experience something which no other software (that I have seen) can do in an .exe format. Exciting stuff! :rolleyes:

Should be back up in about 15 mins.

Thanks !!!

Nice atmospheric show...

Not very smooth on my computer at work but it's an old one (sorry, no idea of what is inside).

I now see PTE 5.0 as providing a real "cinematic" experience something which no other software (that I have seen) can do in an .exe format. Exciting stuff! :rolleyes:

I still can't believe it.

It gives more possibility than a "professionnal" software like Proshow Producer !