WnSoft Forums

Question on Pan/Zoom

DennisG

Hi:

The Beta is working great. Thanks for a great program. Here is my question. When I make up a slideshow with many pictures, is there a way to make pan/zoom work automatically? I mean, instead of giving it a start point and end point, is there an auto mode? I can't find it if there is. I was thinking of random movement.

Dennis

Hi:

The Beta is working great. Thanks for a great program. Here is my question. When I make up a slideshow with many pictures, is there a way to make pan/zoom work automatically? I mean, instead of giving it a start point and end point, is there an auto mode? I can't find it if there is. I was thinking of random movement.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

No, that's not a feature with PicturesToExe. You can do that with some of the Windows Freeware distributed programs such as Photo Story 3 by Microsoft - but you have no control over substantive issues with the program. None of the really decent professional grade slideshow programs with Ken Burns Effects have auto pan, zoom, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Earlier I thought that auto adding of Pan/Zoom are necessary thing. But after looking at result of such machine's work in described product I prefer not to have this function.

Excuse me, maybe you will not agree with me, it's my personal opinion only, of course! But I don't like applying of Pan/Zoom anywhere without creative idea when it really necessary and when exact moment requires this.

Manual work looks much better with light of true art, more live and viewers will appreciate your creative work.

Earlier I thought that auto adding of Pan/Zoom are necessary thing. But after looking at result of such machine's work in described product I prefer not to have this function.

Excuse me, maybe you will not agree with me, it's my personal opinion only, of course! But I don't like applying of Pan/Zoom anywhere without creative idea when it really necessary and when exact moment requires this.

Manual work looks much better with light of true art, more live and viewers will appreciate your creative work.

I can understand the reason for not using auto for most people. I have an unusual time frame to make the shows. I have about 6 minutes. I cannot make a show with pan/zoom that fast, if I have to tune each of 150 pictures. I can see having an auto mode for people like us.

• 10 months later...
I can understand the reason for not using auto for most people. I have an unusual time frame to make the shows. I have about 6 minutes. I cannot make a show with pan/zoom that fast, if I have to tune each of 150 pictures. I can see having an auto mode for people like us.

Like, Dennis, I also have an unusual time frame to make my slide shows and getting them out. Applying pan/zoom to 1500 pictures in 10 different slideshow in a day is quite a task. When I use ProShow Gold, I apply auto pan/zoom to all pictures, then did a preview. Any image that did not pan/zoom to my liking, I just adjust those particular images (around 10%). By doing this, I can get several shows out othe door in one day. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the quality of PSG shows. Even though some people might not use it, please consider adding this capability for some who will use it.

Thanks.

Warmest regards,

-Ben

Like, Dennis, I also have an unusual time frame to make my slide shows and getting them out. Applying pan/zoom to 1500 pictures in 10 different slideshow in a day is quite a task. When I use ProShow Gold, I apply auto pan/zoom to all pictures, then did a preview. Any image that did not pan/zoom to my liking, I just adjust those particular images (around 10%). By doing this, I can get several shows out othe door in one day. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the quality of PSG shows. Even though some people might not use it, please consider adding this capability for some who will use it.

Thanks.

Warmest regards,

-Ben

I agree, an auto pan/zoom option similar to ProShow Gold/Producer would be a useful feature.

I agree with Igor - "No auto Pan/Zoom". The best sequences we see, emanating from PTE, are produced as an artform, with a lot of manual interpretation. Whether auto Pan/Zoom should be developed as a possible future option is another question, but not at the expense of the developments which Igor and his team are working on at the moment please.

Ron [uK]

Ronwil is right, I agree with him! Let's get version 5 up and running before we start introducing any new features.

There is littl point in having 'bells and whistles' at the expense of the great image quality that PTE currently gives us.

Ron West

...not at the expense of the developments which Igor and his team are working on at the moment please.

Ron [uK]

I agree. I don't think anyone is suggesting that auto pan/zoom is a substitute for manually animating the show. However, it is useful in certain applications.

I agree with the two Ron(nies) - sorry guys couldn't resist that one!

I would much sooner see the next release of v5 (which the vast majority of us are patiently waiting for) rather than see it delayed by introducing a feature which at the end of the day I suspect few people will use. I have seen some proshow slide shows which contain pans and zooms aplenty and to be perfectly honest I find I get sick of them very quickly. It would have to be something really exceptional to warrant panning and zooming every single image, and I certainly couldn't watch a show of 150 images all doing it...what a headache.

If you really wanted to do it, couldn't you (or someone like The Dom) create a template for one show then just amend this for each subsequent show according to the number of images you want to use?

No, let's agree with Igor's instinct on this issue and leave panning/zooming on a manual basis.

G'day all,

I have to add my voice to the debate and agree we need v5 up and running asap. The bells and whistles can come latter.

Having full manual control give unlimited creativity, which in the end is the best possible way of working.

I have an unusual time frame to make the shows. I have about 6 minutes. I cannot make a show with pan/zoom that fast, if I have to tune each of 150 pictures. I can see having an auto mode for people like us.

I don't have the skills to tell you how but I think it is possible to build the pan and zoom you require on one image then to cut and past the settings to all other images in the show in one operation, thus allowing the construction of your show in the limited time you have available. :)

I agree with the majority, that is, we do not need auto pan/zoom. Turning out several shows a day is not for me! I soon get tired of all the movement effects, and particularly like the creative possibilities of the Opacity feature.

John

Hi:

Dennis

Hi Dennis

I agree with the others - Igor and his team have already done a superb job so let's not delay the final with last minute enhancements. Perhaps your idea can be put into the pending tray for the next version!

I have been downloading the various templates recently produced by TheDom and it occurs to me that this may present you with a temporary solutiuon. If you could create a slideshow with as many slides as you are likely to require, apply all the pan/zoom effects you might want to that show and save it as a template. Then when you create a new show you simply substitute your new slides for those in the template. Just an idea!

Gordon Cochrane

I would not want PTE to be delayed because of adding the auto pan/zoom option. But hopefully in the future, that option can be addressed. I would think that there are many people who could use this. Others who like to work on each picture manually, can do that also.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

I agree with the others - Igor and his team have already done a superb job so let's not delay the final with last minute enhancements. Perhaps your idea can be put into the pending tray for the next version!

I have been downloading the various templates recently produced by TheDom and it occurs to me that this may present you with a temporary solutiuon. If you could create a slideshow with as many slides as you are likely to require, apply all the pan/zoom effects you might want to that show and save it as a template. Then when you create a new show you simply substitute your new slides for those in the template. Just an idea!

Gordon Cochrane