WnSoft Forums

Synchronization to soundtrack

ADB

Hi Guys,

This looks very much like a PhotoShop Guide Line? If so, it should appear on the original image when you pull it up in PhotoShop or your present choice of software. At least in PhotoShop you can get rid of it by clicking as indicated by the cursor arrow on the image below:

Lin

post-37-1148222998_thumb.jpg

Lin,

You probably know this already, but you can automatically add a thumbnail of an image by browsing for it under "File attachment" and then clicking on "Add this attachment", waiting for it to "find" it, and then NOT clicking "Add into Post".

post-215-1148221936_thumb.jpg

Guest guru

"This looks very much like a PhotoShop Guide Line" (Lin)

No Lin, in my opinion this doesn't come from Photoshop. The line appears only at the beginning of the slides, and then disappears immediately. It seems rather someway related to sound track.

Lin,

You probably know this already, but you can automatically add a thumbnail of an image by browsing for it under "File attachment" and then clicking on "Add this attachment", waiting for it to "find" it, and then NOT clicking "Add into Post".

Hi Al,

I hadn't used that feature before. Thanks! I've modified it. Doesn't it take a bit more storage than an link?

Best regards,

Lin

No Lin, in my opinion this doesn't come from Photoshop. The line appears only at the beginning of the slides, and then disappears immediately. It seems rather someway related to sound track.

Strange, isn't it. If it's possibly related to the sound track then temporarily removing the audio track and re-saving should eliminate it, but the problem is that it isn't seen on the OP's system so he would have to provide a link to the modified version with sound removed to test that assumption?

Best regards,

Lin

Guest guru

Andrew,

can you upload to your site the "backup" of the project? Go to "File" menu, and choose "Create backup in Zip". This makes a sort of zipped template of the show, with .pte file and all images and sounds.

I hadn't used that feature before. Thanks! I've modified it. Doesn't it take a bit more storage than an link?

It does take a bit more storage at "Invision", but they probably have lots of room for it. It saves on storage at your own site. :)

Andrew, Just saw your post on the vineyard show. I downloaded it and it played almost perfectly on my system. I have a Radeon 9600XT Edition graphics card. The music synced pefectly. I did see a very slight jerk once or twice during the show. Thanks for sharing.

Howard

Hemjr

Thanks, sounds like it works OK on your system so there may be a hardware issue to this problem.

Guru (and others)

Have now backed up project file, images and soundtrack to the following link:-

http://www.imagescapes.co.nz/private/backup.zip

Al

I'm not using a blank Dark Slide for these images PTE is generating the "black" to fill in the screen.

I hope someone is able to find the cause of these mystery lines, its hard for me to test solutions as I'm not seeing the problem on my system.

Cheers

Andrew

still does it on my system - running it from the main screen toast very noticeable :(

but if i run it from the animation window via the toast between preview and project options it is hardly noticeable --- got the wife down to observe it and they are both noticeble equally now

ken

Andrew

I have tried the following on the images so far with no real change in the appearance of the line:

1. Re-sized the images in Photoshop up and down

2. Increased the canvas size in Photoshop in black

3. Increased the size in "Objects and Animation"

I have also removed the music with no change.

Ron [uK]

Andrew,

It seems to be dependent on the monitor settings. If I view the show at the maximum resolution of 1280x1024, or 1280x960, there are no white lines. However, if I set the resolution to 1024x768, the white lines are very noticeable.

I noticed that the vertical dimension of the verticals is greater than that of the horizontals. Maybe if you resize the verticals so that PTE doesn't have to reduce them "on the fly" so much, they will behave in the manner expected? They seem to be 1200 pixels in the vertical dimension, whereas the horizontals are only 600 - quite a difference.

Another thing I noticed with a monitor setting of 1024x768, and I suspect it may be a change in the way PTE displays images on a "fit to screen" basis, the verticals do not extend to the maximum window size, even though their height in pixels is greater than the vertical screen dimension.

Andrew

My observations.

Your images looked ok – no white line viewing with Paint Shop Pro.

On last vertical image the white line fades away, long before the image fade transition takes place.

Clean boot up – no background programs running, McAfee virus scanner shut down white line still visible running show.

Running preview from “toast” both in main interface of PTE and also “ Object and Annimation screen I can get the line to change – sometimes broken with Blue & yellow on right side and black and white on left.

at other times a different color ? – see screen shots.

post-14-1148253153_thumb.jpg

post-14-1148253210_thumb.jpg

ADDED:

If I resize the 5 vertical images to H 750 x W 500 - white lines still appear

My graphic card is border line

NIVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

Monitor screen size 1024 x 768

Of course the temporary solution is to change the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 5:4 and increase the image size a bit to hide this. With 4:3 - 114% works very well and all traces of this anomaly are hidden. Unless there is some compelling reason to use a custom setting for your customer, until this issue can be worked out I would just change it to "fit to screen" then change the aspect ratio and re-save the executable. Works fine on my 1024x768 when I did this.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks all for your help on this, looks like a small bug for Igor to work on but at least the forum has managed to narrow it down.

I'm not at my home PC at the moment but from memory my display is currently set on a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 so that would explain why I couldn't see it on my system.

When I get home I'll play around with the screen ratio settings and maybe repackage as suggested by Lin.

I think so far of all the Demo's I have seen for PTE 5.0 I am the only one using 1:1.5 Screen Ratio (because this matches the ratio of a 35mm slide) and this I imagine is behind the cause of the problem and probably why no others have had a similiar problem in their shows.

I have tried this today. In Options>Screen>Screen options against "Fit slide to screen" I have changed "Custom" to "4:3 PC/DVD".

The flashing lines have disappeared but the zooms start with a black band top and bottom gradually zooming in to full screen. This latter effect is nowhere as intrusive has the flashing lines.

I hope this helps.

Ron [uK]

Andrew,

Excuse me for the delay with replying on your question.

Yes, exact synchronization will be implemented in v5.00 so well as in previous versions of PicturesToExe.

Currently in beta #2 music is not synchronized and divergence varies on different PCs (1 sec or 4 seconds - it depends on speed of CPU and large or small images).

Next beta #3 will has absolutely exact synchronization.

I would explain why current beta so limited.

Our strategy - develop program by parts and carefully polish all parts independently. You see that although beta #2 has a small number of functions, they work very well.

If we add all functions at once, we will never able to find reasons of many bugs and problems.

I also noticed short appearing of thin white line. Most likely it's a bug in system of calculation of aspect ratio. Not depended on video card. Our mistake only.

Thank you that you found it. Will fix it in the next beta!

Igor

Thanks for the reply, you don't need to apologize you are developing a world class peice of software and this must be very time consuming for you. Fully understand about your implementation strategy and think this is a very good idea.

Great news that you are fixing the line problem, for your info I tested it on 1024 x 768 and 1600 x 1200 monitor resolution and managed to see the lines on my system also, using 1088 x 612, 1152 x 864 and 1280 x 1240 I couldn't see the lines.

Also as Ron has pointed out changing the screen aspect ratio in PTE to something other than 1:1.5 also fixes the problem.

Looking forward to Beta #3 :-)