WnSoft Forums

Mr. Potato Head

nickles

Hi,

Just playing with .png files and PTE 5.

Mr. PotatoHead can be downloaded here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sknickles@sb...ic+Data&.view=l

You may have to depress your browser refresh several times to access the show.

Ken

:blink:

Hi Ken

How did you do that :o

Andrew:

1.) I promoted the original photo to a layer.

2.) I then cut out me(?)

3.) I flattened the result and filled the cut out with green.

4.) I pasted the cut out of me(?) as a new image.

5.) I then began to cut out various parts of me, pasted as new images and saved as ".png"

6.) This resulted in 10 parts, 2 eyes, 1 mouth, 1 nose, 2 ears, 2 cheeks, 1 chin, 1 shirt that were all saved as .png. These 10 parts, the original, and the cut out of me(?) filled with green went to PTE 5.

7. I placed the starting filled green jpg in the slide list.

8.) In object editor I brought in the original photo. I individually brought in all the body parts and precisely panned and zoomed them to the precise overlay location.

9.) I then diddled around with timed points, rotate, transparency, and zoom factors to achieve my rather crude result.

Hope this makes sense.

"Ken

there is a white section at the bottom that stays on during show

not like your flash Andrew

ken"

Ken Cox:

Sorry...I wasn't real precise with my cutout of the shirt and left a little of it at the bottom of the filled green cutout. What the heck...I was just playing around...about 1 1/2 hours of well spent time(Ha).

nickles

Thanks Ken

I thought it looked like a lot of work but very effective. I was actually thinking "He couldn't possibly have manually lined up all those sections but you have! Wow!

I think I will tuck that away for future reference, I'm sure it would make a great opening sequence for a particular type of presentation.

Ken, I have enjoyed your examples of PTE Beta 5 capabilities. They, as well as others on the forum have been a great help in shortening the beginning learning curve.

I notice your download files are in Yahoo Briefcase. I have been trying to get a response from them to find out more about limits in Briefcase. I thought there was a maximum download file size much smaller than these PTE files. Does the higher download sizes come with purchasing more space with the Premium Briefcase? This looks like the best way to send PTE shows to friends. Or is there a better way. I do not have a web page that I can place them on.

Thanks. Howard

I am also interested in a means of uploading various files such as PTE and jpgs without going through a "website" effort. Any methods would be apprecitated.

bill

I am trying to download your Potato Head demo. No amount of refreshing brings it up. Does it work in Forefox?

Bill

Make that Firefox!

A really clever piece of work. It also took a long time to download on my "superfast" Broadband connection. I went downstairs and watched the second half of the Watford v Leeds soccer playoff while I was waiting :D

Ron [uK]

I notice your download files are in Yahoo Briefcase. I have been trying to get a response from them to find out more about limits in Briefcase. I thought there was a maximum download file size much smaller than these PTE files. Does the higher download sizes come with purchasing more space with the Premium Briefcase? This looks like the best way to send PTE shows to friends. Or is there a better way. I do not have a web page that I can place them on.

Thanks. Howard

Good Question Howard:

The problem with Yahoo is zero help. I have subscribed to SBC Yahoo DSL for about 2 years and I'm sure there are better alternatives. I don't have premium service but pay $28/month (US). This gives me 1GB of storage in My Briefcase and 1GB for e-mails. Yahoo is very unclear on fthe file size limits on Briefcase. I just uploaded a test file size of 14.7mb and it handled it fine. I think the limit is currently 15MB. When I first subscribed it was 5MB. Somewhere in Yahoo's help it indicates 5MB file limit but they never update there help even when things have changed.

A year ago it was a hit or miss for most people including myself to access the briefcase. After many, many emails and a few phone calls Yahoo admitted there software had a problem. They must have somewhat fixed it as I think most people can access my files now if they keep hitting the refresh button. I have to to this also, even to upload.

I'm sure there are much better alternatives...there are sharper experts than me on the topic of exchanging large files in the forum.....should they choose to respond.

Hope this offers you some help?

sincerely,

ken

:D

3h17 to download the file...

Maybe you should consider to upload your files somewhere else if you can ? :unsure:

Very nice little show, original and funny. :P

I just downloaded PotatoHead and timed it at 2mins and 15 seconds. I think the speed might be dependent on how many people are trying to access the file at the same time?

Could you suggest a good alternative upload/download method or site? I must admit that I'm a real dummy in this area.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Sincerely,

ken

Thanks for everybody's kind comments.

I think PTE 5 is going to result in a lot of remarkable slideshows by a lot of creative people. Mine was a bit silly but just shows some of the potentials.

sincerely,

Ken

:D

I am trying to download your Potato Head demo. No amount of refreshing brings it up. Does it work in Forefox?

Bill

Make that Firefox!

I use Firefox exclusively and it works for me.

Ken

For those that have trouble downloading from Ken's Yahoo Briefcase - The problems are not universal. I often do not have to "refresh" or "try again." Usually I am using Firefox.

Ken, your clever exercise again points out (to me) how one idea (like yours) provokes many more ideas. Every time I view a demo, many ideas spring forth. It will be interesting to see how many ideas become tools and how many will live only as ideas or demos. I've been a little away from the Beta pursuit as I've had several opportunities to be photographing lately. The photography is still my main game if you will, but I admit to have been sometimes thinking of Ver5 potential on some of the photos as I formulate them in my viewfinder. I still have much to work out in my own mind as to how I am going to use this powerhouse. Meanwhile it sure is nice that there are people having fun and sharing the fun.