WnSoft Forums

Include in PTE 5?

LumenLux

When working in the O/A screen, there is an "add image" feature. Often the image I want to add is already in the slide list for the show. As it now is, the "add image" opens an explorer type browser. I think it would be very nice if I could as an option, select an existing slide to use as an object/image. Would this be possible Igor. I think it would be a very useful feature.

But wouldn't this need conversion of the slide to a *.png image?

Ron [uK]

I don't think so Ron. The only .png's I have used at all (so far) are for text. All the other images on top of images in the O/A window are the same slides I am using in the slide list. The only difference is where I have to find them to pull them into the O/A window. Do you see what I mean?

Yes, why not, could be useful...

but how would you choose the slide you want to add this image ? :unsure:

In fact, the most valuable feature for me ( :P ) would be the ability to drag an drop images in a slide.

Or at least, when you "add image", you would have by default a thumbnail list (instead of "details").

Am I dreaming Igor ? :D

Often the image I want to add is already in the slide list for the show.

Robert,

I don't mean to criticize your suggestion, as the more options there are available, the more user-friendly PTE becomes. Additional features do come at a price, however.

Doesn't adding an object require the same capability as adding a transition to the timeline? Often in the timeline view, the slide one wants to insert between two slides is already on the slide list. However, the "Insert slide" function brings up a light-table, where one can now browse to any folder one wishes, including the "file list", which also may contain the same slides as already on the slide list.

I just want to point out that if one has set up a single folder to use as a "File list", as is recommended, then it is easy to select that folder, in O/A mode, to choose whatever object one wants to use, whether it is already on the slide list or not.

I really like the addition of an "Explorer"-like list in addition to the "File list" in the main window. Likewise, I appreciate the use of a "normal" windows browse mode with which to choose objects in the O/A window. It is possible to choose whatever file format one wants (details, thumbnails, etc.), and it is easy to browse to the folder representing the "file list". Just my personal thoughts on this.

Robert,

Theoretically it possible to use standard open dialog (as now) or show FileView (as "Insert slide" button in "Customize synchronization" window).

Let leave this question on a month. We need time to realized other promissed functions.