WnSoft Forums

video card

jpalm

Linda, you are right about now "overusing" P&Z, but that is because we are testing the P&Z functions in the new graphic engine. When 5.0 is finalized, we will do slide shows with selective use of P&Z to move the slide show story further along. At present, there are many features from earlier PTE versions, not implemented in 8.0beta.

Bill

For now there is only one possibility to utilize your powerful video card it is installing of Windows XP using Apple's BootCamp.

I won't install bootcamp, because I don't want to maintain two copies of Windows on my laptop disk, and I don't want to have to reboot every time I need to use a Windows app. This is not a solution for me. I just won't use the PicturesToExe version that requires video acceleration hardware. I mainly wanted to bring this up so that you know it is an issue not just for folks with older PCs.

Linda, you are right about now "overusing" P&Z, but that is because we are testing the P&Z functions in the new graphic engine. When 5.0 is finalized, we will do slide shows with selective use of P&Z to move the slide show story further along. At present, there are many features from earlier PTE versions, not implemented in 8.0beta.

Bill

Bill, I should have been more clear. My point was not about the shows that folks have been posting in this forum that were created using the PicturesToExe 5.0 beta. I was referring to all the use of pan and zoom in various shows that have been posted for years all over the net, or that have been made by my friends, having been created with other software that supports pan and zoom. I just found that after watching ten minutes of pan and zoom on every photo and moving text as well, I got very tired of the effect.

WnSoft:

- New graphical engine written together with Aleksey Yelin and me. He also created new system of objects, and all transition effects for old and new versions of PicturesToExe. And we always discuss together all question and problems.

- Pavel Koshkin developed system libraries for PicturesToExe v5.00 and WinNavigator v2.00 Thanks to his help, EXE file with slide-show still very small (about 150 KB at this moment). He works on WinNavigator v2.00

- Sergey Malyshev wrote code for music player for PicturesToExe (with my help), AVI video output. Also he fully created PixBuilder Studio. Now he's working on our new sub-project for PicturesToExe.

- Dima Boarintsev wrote some code for "Create backup in ZIP" (ZIP packin and unpacking)

He fully working on our another future project - WinNavigator v2.00

- Sergey Kiprov is fully working on WinNavigator v2.00

- Alena Tomilova reads and responses on emails from support@wnsoft.com address. She leaves for me only the difficult letters.

- Pavel Malyshev is our new web master and designer.

- Artem is our new programer. Sorry, I forgot his surname.

He will help with Curling of page effect and re-work "old" effects from v4.48 to second CPU based graphical engine for v5.00

- My work - 70% for programming and 30% for the forum and emails.

I was wondering : do you guys make it for a living or is it "just" a hobby of passionate people ?

Thanks.

I was wondering : do you guys make it for a living or is it "just" a hobby of passionate people ?

Thanks.

Igor would make a living from it if he didn't have to answer all our questions! :lol:

I know, I'm just as big a culprit as anyone else!! :rolleyes::)