WnSoft Forums

Another suggestion for Igor and the development crew

Lin Evans

Forgive me if this has already been covered or if there is already a "solution" I'm unaware of. Just a thought for the future....

I find in some cases I want to add several files (objects) to the objects list. It would be ever so helpful if there were a way to say hold down the CTRL key and select several objects at once rather than having to repeat the process. In experimenting, I was adding twelve separate objects and it was quite time consuming to keep repeating the process. I tried using "shift" "ctrl" "alt" etc., but there didn't seem to be any way of selecting multiple objects and I had to resort to doing them sequentially.

Best regards,

Lin

Is there a possible conflict there. Lin?

Would you then want these "twelve objects" to be grouped so that the same keypoints were applied to all 12 or would they have seperate keypoints.

If it could be done easily then why not?

But I think I like it the way it is.

DaveG

Is there a possible conflict there. Lin?

Would you then want these "twelve objects" to be grouped so that the same keypoints were applied to all 12 or would they have seperate keypoints.

If it could be done easily then why not?

But I think I like it the way it is.

DaveG

Hi Dave,

No need for them to be grouped just because they are selected at the same time. You simply go outside the rectangles by using a small percentage such as 10% view then add files which puts each in their own separate layers. Having the ability to multiple select simply puts them in a queue and imports them exactly a you would if you selected them one at a time from the same position. They would appear underneath each other on the same "level" (no child/parent relationship) on the objects list.

On the other hand if you "wanted" them grouped, you would just create a rectangle and add them from within that enclosure and they would then have a relationship to the rectangle as a "group" - the bottom line is that there is no need for "mutual exclusivity" - it's not an "either or" situation, just a convenient way of adding multiple files without having to repeat the keystrokes over and again.

Lin

I find in some cases I want to add several files (objects) to the objects list. It would be ever so helpful if there were a way to say hold down the CTRL key and select several objects at once rather than having to repeat the process. ...

Lin,

Although I haven't had occasion yet to add several objects at a time, I can see where such an option would be useful. We can add several slides to the slide list at a time, so why not several objects at a time, too?

Lin,

Although I haven't had occasion yet to add several objects at a time, I can see where such an option would be useful. We can add several slides to the slide list at a time, so why not several objects at a time, too?

Hi Al,

Yes, I was looking at a very nice presentation made with PhotoDex's ProShow Producer which had what is apparently a "feature" (because I've seen it before in other presentations) where something which resembles a black mask with rectangular cut-outs in about a 3:5 ratio was used with 12 images being displayed simultaneously and "dancing" back and forth between the individual frames. I decided to play around and attempt to duplicate this thinking that the mask could be saved as a PNG then used whenever one wanted to play with smaller images. This, of course, entailed bringing in 12 separate images on 12 layers and that's where I began to see the value of being able to multi-select images for import.

In PSP and PSG you have thumbnail which you can select to bring in new "objects" or images. I certainly don't want to see that in the Objects view in P2E because it exacts a "HUGE" toll on resources in those programs and takes a month of Sunday's when you open the programs to get through building the thumbnails. But it sure would be great to be able to multi-select the files from the browser - great time saver I think...

Lin

Lin,

Do you speak about possibility to add several new images to current slide (using "Add image" -> open dialog)?

If yes, with this possibility they will be inserted onto currently selected object?

Hi Igor,

Yes, but two ways. First way: go to zoom view and zoom out to 10% right click on grey area outside any bounding rectangles then add multiple objects. They go under each other on object lines, yes? As so they are independent of each other and "belong" to the area outside any other object.

Second way: draw rectangle with rectangle tool. Click on multiple objects and add. As so they "belong" to the properties of the rectangle so are "grouped" to follow the rectangle.

Best regards,

Lin

First way: go to zoom view and zoom out to 10% right click on grey area outside any bounding rectangles then add multiple objects. They go under each other on object lines, yes? As so they are independent of each other and "belong" to the area outside any other object....

Lin,

Another way to ensure the objects are not associated with another is to click anywhere in the list of objects on the right-hand side so that no one object is highlighted, and then add your next object. It will be placed at the bottom of the list, and not associated with any of the objects above. Then you can simply select "Order / send to back" if you want it at the top of the list.

Lin,

I can just make possible adding of several new images. They will be inserted to slide or on a current *one* selected object.

An other news of very nice improvement !

Thanks Igor, you spoil us too much. ;)

And I don't know if we diserve it...

:lol:

Lin,

I can just make possible adding of several new images. They will be inserted to slide or on a current *one* selected object.

That's great news - there are some times........... this afternoon was one - LOL

Lin

Yes, in beta #3 and very soon.

Now Aleksey is finishing "battle" with DirectX API. Minimizing/restoring of window is fantastically difficult task in DirectX.

ARghh, I can't wait ! :)

Good fight Aleksey, I'm sure you gonna be the winner ! :lol: