WnSoft Forums

I Don't Understand All I Know About This - LOL

Lin Evans

LIN

not quite as smooth as the last one but likely my board

what is the black bird?

ken

Hi Ken,

Yes, probably a bit more demanding on resources than the first because of the additional PNG....

The bird is a Stellars Jay - black and blue

best regards,

Lin

It does fine here Lin.

As the 2nd block popped out - I had the feeling -

Is the solar system next?

LOL - Just for you......

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/planets.zip

Lin

PS - too bad we can't rotate on two centers to make it accurate. Obviously this isn't to scale and only includes the sun, stars, earth, mars, saturn, jupiter and the moon - hey maybe some day - HA!

Enjoyed this but rather liked the first one the best. This becomes a bit too complicated to watch, whereas the single moving cube was so fascinating. While responding how did you produce the particles of snow in your Storm Coming. I have revisited that and find it very clever, especially now that it has lightning and clouds moving too.

John

Enjoyed this but rather liked the first one the best. This becomes a bit too complicated to watch, whereas the single moving cube was so fascinating. While responding how did you produce the particles of snow in your Storm Coming. I have revisited that and find it very clever, especially now that it has lightning and clouds moving too.

John

Hi John,

Sometimes simplicity is best, isn't it? The snow was produced with PNG files created in Photoshop. There are three PNG files use in the snow effect. Two are used to produce the falling snow and one for the blowing snow effect.

Before too long I intend to have a "free" How To tutorial on these various effects as a part of the tutorials Jeff Evans and I are contemplating for users of PicturesToExe version 5. All will be explained including the Photoshop manipulations to create the various objects.

Best regards,

Lin

LOL - Just for you......

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/planets.zip

Lin

PS - too bad we can't rotate on two centers to make it accurate. Obviously this isn't to scale and only includes the sun, stars, earth, mars, saturn, jupiter and the moon - hey maybe some day - HA!

Not bad :) Now, noting the time stamp of your post, my suspicion is confirmed that you now know V5 so well you can make shows in your sleep! :D

Thanks

Not bad :) Now, noting the time stamp of your post, my suspicion is confirmed that you now know V5 so well you can make shows in your sleep! :D

Thanks

LOL - burning the midnight oil again - sometimes an idea just won't let go until I try it out. I've improved the simulation a bit now (same link) and added a bit of music.

Actually it's more complex than it seems at first glance. The planets must rotate around the sun but not in perfect orbits. Notice that Mars and Earth are very close together at first as on the 27th of this month will be closer than ever before in recorded history. The moon has an elliptical orbit around Earth as does Earth around the sun to account for the seasonal distance differences. Also the planets must spin on their own axis at different rotational speeds. The sun "pulses" or gets brighter and dimmer with solar flares, etc., and the entire visible star field has a slight rotation. Saturn has to have rotational correction during the orbit around the sun to keep it from "flipping" upside down in appearance. Obviously nothing is anywhere near scale but just following "some" of the characteristics of planetary movement.

The amount of control we have with this program is truly amazing. Of course these exercises are only learning experiences and have little to do with producing excellent slideshows with proper presentation and aesthetics and definitely over the top for effects, but also useful I think to help understand how we can use subtleness in movement and effect to enhance photographic images and the aesthetic experience.

Best regards,

Lin

The amount of control we have with this program is truly amazing. Of course these exercises are only learning experiences and have little to do with producing excellent slideshows with proper presentation and aesthetics and definitely over the top for effects, but also useful I think to help understand how we can use subtleness in movement and effect to enhance photographic images and the aesthetic experience.

Best regards,

Lin

I wish I said that. I agree. I have never seen a program that seemed to present such a "do-able" challenge. Thanks for generously sharing your explorations.

The music is perfect and I forgot to mention how good Saturn appears.

The room didn't move for me!

Peter,

For some of us of the "older generation", it takes a lot more than spinning goats to make the room move these days! :lol:

However, these mini-shows with PTE V.5 are very good exercises, as they lay down a technical groundwork that can stimulate ideas in the minds of the rest of us as to how to possibly use them effectively in our own productions. Of course we won't ever use some of these features, just as we will probably never use all of the transition effects available, but it is good to know they are there, and what their uses and limitations are.

Since the new V.5 is still only a "beta" version, and likely to change some before it is finally issued, I doubt that you will see many people committing a large AV production to it until it is complete, but it is very useful for everyone to play around with the various features in order to become familiar with the workings of the new program.

I enjoyed your "Flutterings", and I am sure that you will soon be using more of the new PZR techniques in your AV poetry, too.

Hope I get a chance to meet you at the International festival in Cirencester in September. :)

The room didn't move for me!

Interesting, I suppose, but what did it say, apart from how clever you are?

Having already watched your planets, I was aware of that, so what's new?

I want much more than technique!

Are there Sequences which use these techniques

or are they slill yet to be?

Hi Peter,

Yes, (sequence using some of these techniques) I posted a link in your other comment. Quote from my explanation above:

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the comments

Good to know you will be at Cirencester - It's a long trip for you from Canada. Not quite as far for me, though, so I'll be very pleased to meet you there. I'm typing up the Provisional Programme tonight ready to be sent out in AV WORLD at the end of the month.

I very much appreciate what both of you say with ref to the demos and it is exciting to see the potential of PTE V5 but so much of what I see seems to be more orientated towards technique plus, of course, turning the proverbial pages of the latest picturebook. Not that there is anything wrong with either of these, it's just that I do long to see more Sequences on the site which do more than this; I want to be 'moved', even if the room don't do dat dees days!

Peter