WnSoft Forums

Making PNG text with transparent background In Photoshop

Lin Evans

Hello Lin,

Many thanks for your immediate reply and the small example which explained the function of rectangles.

Perhaps you can help me again.

Your tutorial based on Adobe Photoshop?! Which product do you use? I am using Adobe Photoshop 5.0 and Adobe Photoshop Elemets 4.0 and I can not reproduce what you are showing!

Best regards,

Manfred

Hello Lin,

Many thanks for your immediate reply and the small example which explained the function of rectangles.

Perhaps you can help me again.

Your tutorial based on Adobe Photoshop?! Which product do you use? I am using Adobe Photoshop 5.0 and Adobe Photoshop Elemets 4.0 and I can not reproduce what you are showing!

Best regards,

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

Which one of the tutorials are you having difficulty with reproducing? If it's the Cube Creation, then perhaps you don't have the 3D plugin?

I have versions 5, 7, and CS presently on my development computer so if you let me know which issue you can't reproduce perhaps I can test it for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Manfred,

Which one of the tutorials are you having difficulty with reproducing? If it's the Cube Creation, then perhaps you don't have the 3D plugin?

I have versions 5, 7, and CS presently on my development computer so if you let me know which issue you can't reproduce perhaps I can test it for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I have tried to download/play your files, both the AVI and the flash version. A couple strange things are happening:

1- When I play the AVI file, it plays upside down and flipped. Other AVI that I have play OK. Got any idea why this happens???

2- When I play the flash version, I get "not a valid Win32 Application". This might be a problem with my WindowsXP but if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks... Gary

Hi Lin,

I have tried to download/play your files, both the AVI and the flash version. A couple strange things are happening:

1- When I play the AVI file, it plays upside down and flipped. Other AVI that I have play OK. Got any idea why this happens???

2- When I play the flash version, I get "not a valid Win32 Application". This might be a problem with my WindowsXP but if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks... Gary

The Flash show requires that the Flash 8 player be installed. You probably don't have this enabled so go to the Macromedia site and just download and install the latest version (which I think is Flash 9) and this should work fine. Players such as IrfanView are only enabled up to Flash 5 or so. Also see Ken C.'s sucggestions for downloading flash players on other posts.

I don't know why the AVI would play upside down and flipped - that's really strange but quite likely because you don't have the proper codec. This is one of the ongoing difficulties with AVI - there are so many codecs out there and trying to find one which is resident on everyone's system is a problem. On my first tutorials I used Cinepak codec by CTi and on later ones I used DIVX Pro. I suspect the one you are having problems with is the Cinepak codec. That's why I made that one tutorial in both Flash and AVI for maximum compatibility.

Best regards,

Lin

A COUPLE LINKS

http://www.xvidmovies.com/faq/#4.8

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/2694

I have a player that warns of this problem but cant remember which one [CRS :)]

WHEN IT IS IN SERVICE THERE IS AN ICON IN SYSTRAY - that lets you flip it back

flipped video is not uncommon according to my searches

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=WMP+PL...le+Search&meta=

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=avi+PL...le+Search&meta=

ken

That's why I made that one tutorial in both Flash and AVI for maximum compatibility.

Hi Lin,

I installed one week ago a new module on TheDom Sharing Place to have extended statistics (and I'm proud to already have visitors from 33 different countries of all continents :) ).

One of the numerous informations returned is the plugins installed and only 23,7% of my visitors have flash installed.

To access those very interesting informations (I don't log ip, privacy is absolutely maintained and I only "use" them to improve my site and for information only), you have to register first, and once logged in, a link stats.gifStatistics appears at the top of the page...

The Flash show requires that the Flash 8 player be installed....

I don't know why the AVI would play upside down and flipped...

Lin

================

Thanks Lin, The upside down/flipped problem started after I installed the Ace Mega Codec Pack last week. I just re-installed the lastest free DivX codec and that seemed to have corrected this problem. Your tutorial now works correctly on my PC. And thanks for the clear tutorial.

I also re-installed my Flash 9...but I still get the error message when I try to play your Flash version. Has to be something going on with my PC. Gary

Ken... Thanks for the links... very interesting that I am not the only one. But I seem to have fixed the upside down problem with just the reinstall of DivX.