WnSoft Forums

RECTANGLE

mwo_achenbach

Manfred,

Instead of creating a totally transparent image as a base for "containing" objects, you can use a "rectangle" which can also be transparent as well as opaque, or a gradient.

If you add PZR effects to a rectangle, any objects "contained" by it will move in the same way as the "parent" rectangle.

Go through some of the tutorials and demos that members have created and linked in their posts to the Forum and study their examples to help understand these effects. :)

Hello!

perhaps I am a liitle bit stupid!

I am testing V5B5 and the genius Objects and Animation. I have no problems with pan, zoom, rotate and

timepoints but I do not understand what I can do with rectangles. Has anyone an tutorial which can help me?

Many thanks.

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I don't have a tutorial yet, but perhaps I can explain how the rectangle can be useful.

First, the rectangle is a way of grouping objects in a parent/child relationship. If you place objects within a rectangle, they take on a relationship so that what you assign as animations to the rectangle apply also to the objects contained within. As with all objects, the rectangle can be made to become invisible by setting the opacity to zero, so you may achieve the ability to quickly relate an action to all the "objects" within this boundary.

Second, you can use the rectangle either as a convenient opaque or "wire frame" object to act as an anchor and permit animations assigned to this to be transmitted to other children.

Let's take an example:

Create a rectangle with a child rectangle and to the second child attach an object such as a globe or opaque ball. Rotate the parent object clockwise 360 degrees within a 60 second period. Set the child rectangle to rotate counterclockwise 720 degrees during the same time period. Put all three (rectangle one, rectangle two and the ball) in a linear relationship so they form a line with each equidistant from the other and run the animation. What you achieve is an elliptical orbit of the "ball" around the parent rectangle. Now make rectangle one and child rectangle two invisible by setting their opacity to zero at both the start and 60 second finish and run the animation again and you see a ball traveling in an ellipse.

So the rectangles have acted as convenient "objects" to facilitate an animation. There are other possibilities such as demonstrated by theDom when he used the rectangles in an artistic way with a European supermodel.

Best regards,

Lin

Manfred,

Instead of creating a totally transparent image as a base for "containing" objects, you can use a "rectangle" which can also be transparent as well as opaque, or a gradient.

If you add PZR effects to a rectangle, any objects "contained" by it will move in the same way as the "parent" rectangle.

Go through some of the tutorials and demos that members have created and linked in their posts to the Forum and study their examples to help understand these effects. :)

Hi Al!

Many thanks for your immediate reply and help. I studied some tutorials and demos - now I am a bit shifter.

But it is not so easy to learn by an example when it is made by an artist. I am an absolute beginner with V5.

Is it possible to create an object list ordered by start-keypoint?

Do you know when the official V5 with an users guide are released.

Yours sincerely

Manfred

Hi Al!

Many thanks for your immediate reply and help. I studied some tutorials and demos - now I am a bit shifter.

But it is not so easy to learn by an example when it is made by an artist. I am an absolute beginner with V5.

Is it possible to create an object list ordered by start-keypoint?

Do you know when the official V5 with an users guide are released.

Manfred, you are very welcome. Those of us with some background in programming are naturally finding the new options in PTE easier to understand and implement than would someone without any previous exposure to these concepts.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your question about "ordering" objects. It is possible to order objects in the object list by right-clicking on a particular object, choosing "order", and then selecting one of the 4 "front" and "back" options. Also, when you add a new object it will appear automatically at the top of the list. If it is added as a "sub-object" or "child" of an existing object, it will appear under that object, but at the top of the list of any "sub-objects" already existing. The object list is therefore in order of levels, from "top to bottom". It is not possible now to order them in any other way, such as by "keypoint".

Study some of the more complicated demos that people have contributed to see what I mean. Then, if things are still a bit hazy, come back and ask some more questions. :)

Re the official version 5, Igor hasn't told us yet when it will be issued, along with any help information. There are already several excellent tutorials available here on the Forum from various members, however, on specific version 5 features.

Hi Manfred,

I don't have a tutorial yet, but perhaps I can explain how the rectangle can be useful.

First, the rectangle is a way of grouping objects in a parent/child relationship. If you place objects within a rectangle, they take on a relationship so that what you assign as animations to the rectangle apply also to the objects contained within. As with all objects, the rectangle can be made to become invisible by setting the opacity to zero, so you may achieve the ability to quickly relate an action to all the "objects" within this boundary.

Second, you can use the rectangle either as a convenient opaque or "wire frame" object to act as an anchor and permit animations assigned to this to be transmitted to other children.

Let's take an example:

Create a rectangle with a child rectangle and to the second child attach an object such as a globe or opaque ball. Rotate the parent object clockwise 360 degrees within a 60 second period. Set the child rectangle to rotate counterclockwise 720 degrees during the same time period. Put all three (rectangle one, rectangle two and the ball) in a linear relationship so they form a line with each equidistant from the other and run the animation. What you achieve is an elliptical orbit of the "ball" around the parent rectangle. Now make rectangle one and child rectangle two invisible by setting their opacity to zero at both the start and 60 second finish and run the animation again and you see a ball traveling in an ellipse.

So the rectangles have acted as convenient "objects" to facilitate an animation. There are other possibilities such as demonstrated by theDom when he used the rectangles in an artistic way with a European supermodel.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Manfred,

Let's take an example:

Best regards,

Lin