WnSoft Forums

Holograms with help of projector and PicturesToExe

Igor

Having rest at weekend I did several funny experiments with my LCD projector, PicturesToExe and large glass of wardrobe :)

post-1-1162748133_thumb.jpg

post-1-1162748142_thumb.jpg

You can see these "holograms" over room in true 3D space when watching through glass (but not directly to projector and glass doesn't cross the ray of projector)

In case of two glasses it looks better especially if watch stars and galaxies as on this photo.

Especially impressive I found "Chariots of Fire" slide show, and Star Wars titles.

Having rest at weekend I did several funny experiments with my LCD projector, PicturesToExe and large glass of wardrobe :)

post-1-1162748133_thumb.jpg

post-1-1162748142_thumb.jpg

You can see these "holograms" over room in true 3D space when watching through glass (but not directly to projector and glass doesn't cross the ray of projector)

In case of two glasses it looks better especially if watch stars and galaxies as on this photo.

Especially impressive I found "Chariots of Fire" slide show, and Star Wars titles.

Too cool Igor!! Perhaps with some tinkering you may produce the first 3D holographic slideshow production!

Best regards,

Lin

I didn't know that it was possible to get an hologram by this way, it's an interesting experience than probably some of us would like to try. Is it possible to have more information on how to do. I don't understand how it's possible to have a paralaxe effect with bi-dimensionnal pictures, I don't think you used a special version of "Chariot of fire" to do this experiment.

Anyway very good idea which make me curious.

Guest Techman1

Hello all!

I did something like this about two years ago, but not with a hologram effect. I used PTE to create digital backdrops for a live play. The group putting it on, didn't allow enough time to build or paint backdrops for their scenes, so PTE to the rescue. This was for the play, Wizard of Oz. We had the farm house, corn field, Munskin land, forest, witches castle, flying monkeys going by, the Wizard with flames coming up. We animated the monkeys flying and the flames, by having multiple images fading back-to-back quickly. The new version of PTE would have made this so much cooler. We also had an animated opening title slide and a fun ending as well as several other special effects during the play. I also used one of Boxig's (Granot's) utilities to include video of a real tornado during the opening scene with lightning and sounds of a real tornado, then returned to PTE for the rest of the action.

We basically projected the images onto a semi-opaque white cloth from the back part of the stage and had everything inverted. All the performers were in front of the large backdrop and you could see everything. We just couldn't use a direct spotlight on the performers, but we had adequate lighting from above which didn't shine on the backdrop. It really made the play great and it was much easier than painting a bunch of backdrops at the last minute. We just had to make sure the performers behind the curtains didn't run in front of the projector.

I like your idea Igor and will be thinking how this might be used in the future. This reminds me of Star Wars where they have Holograms reporting back on the status of their missions. Add a little smoke to really enhance the scenes.

If anyone has any ideas of how they might use this in future projects, I would be very interested in hearing more.

Thanks again Igor for sharing this with us.

Fred