Berny Posted August 17 Report Posted August 17 Hello, Unfortunately, after the reinstallation, all styles, transitions, and themes—except for the default ones—are missing again. I do have a backup folder, but when I try to select it under "Settings > Custom Templates Folder" and click OK, the program takes ages to respond; yet, only the default items are displayed, and the data in the backup folder appears to be gone. Thank goodness I made a copy of that folder. What is the solution here? The backup folder is located on a drive other than C. Thanks. Quote
jkb Posted August 17 Report Posted August 17 is the other drive actually connected? Is it Cloud storage or a physical drive? Jill Quote
Berny Posted August 17 Author Report Posted August 17 It’s a hard drive—specifically drive E on my PC. Unfortunately, ever since version 9.22, I’ve only managed to restore these styles once by specifying the drive folder; I haven't been able to do it since. Don't get me wrong—I have a lot of styles and transitions from Paul (who is sadly no longer with us), and otherwise, I’d have to go through the painstaking process of importing every single file individually. But perhaps someone knows a solution. Regards Quote
jkb Posted August 17 Report Posted August 17 several people seem to be having this issue recently & the problem is usually because they have changed the Folder where the Styles are held. Check in Files/Templates/Manage Templates that the Folder Structure for Styles is the same as it was in V9.22 I never use Styles myself so haven't experienced the problem first hand. Jill Quote
Berny Posted August 17 Author Report Posted August 17 You are certainly right about the folder. However, it used to work fine with a different folder on another internal drive. I’ve found a solution that works for me, and all the templates are available again. What puzzles me, though, is that when I proceed to import my transitions individually (which, unfortunately, I can't create any other way), many of them are no longer listed—or simply gone—after I close PTE 12 Pro and restart it. Thanks for your help. Perhaps Igor has some advice. Quote
mhwarner Posted August 19 Report Posted August 19 On 8/17/2026 at 6:49 PM, Berny said: You are certainly right about the folder. However, it used to work fine with a different folder on another internal drive. I’ve found a solution that works for me, and all the templates are available again. What puzzles me, though, is that when I proceed to import my transitions individually (which, unfortunately, I can't create any other way), many of them are no longer listed—or simply gone—after I close PTE 12 Pro and restart it. Thanks for your help. Perhaps Igor has some advice. I have kept both my styles and transitions and my templates folders on a separate internal drive for years. Program is installed on "C", everything else is on "D" and have never had any problems. Recently re-installed the program on a new computer, copied my entire set of PTE Styles and Transitions and Templates folders to "D", updated the location in the "Preferences/Templates" dialog and I am off and running. Just as an FYI, you can reach this "Templates" dialog (which also includes a folder choice for "Custom Slide Styles and Transitions") either by going to "Files/Templates/Manage Templates" or by choosing "Settings/Preferences" and picking the "Templates" option on the sidebar. Regarding importing styles, I have just tried it and after I close and reopen the program the imported styles are still there. I also tried importing some transitions and can report that they are still there on the menus after closing and reopening the program. Quote
Berny Posted August 19 Author Report Posted August 19 Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that’s roughly what it looked like for me, too. However, when I ran into a problem and my custom templates were gone, I tried restoring them just as you described. Unfortunately, the result was that only the standard templates remained, and my folder on the D: drive had been completely deleted (luckily, I had a backup). I’ve found a different solution that works for me now, though I’ll give the transitions another try. Thanks for your help. Regards Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.