WnSoft Forums

Sound and Vision Problems

stevehurst

I have been trying out version 5 beta release 8s (29-12-2006) and have a problem with sound and vision at the end of the show.

The show consists of 49 slides and one music track of about 4mins. In Project Options I have enables the "Syncronize slides to music" option and under the Music tab, I only have Play background music selected. Under the Timeline button, I have selected Syncronize slides to music and Auto spread slides along music.

If I create an exe, then when the show finishes, you just get a very brief (1 second or less) burst of the music starting again. If I create a DVD, then I get the same problem, but in addition I get the very first slide displayed again before going back to the DVD Menu.

Is this a problem with the beta or something I have done wrong?

Steve

............If I create an exe, then when the show finishes, you just get a very brief (1 second or less) burst of the music starting again. If I create a DVD, then I get the same problem, but in addition I get the very first slide displayed again before going back to the DVD Menu.

There are some issues with timing on the timeline in v.5. Not all of the sync features are working yet in v.5.

Try extending the music selection with a couple seconds of silence, so it doesn't cut out too quickly, and adjusting the position of the last slide until the show will cut off before restarting. Preview it in the main preview instead of on the timeline, as there is a slight difference in the timing between the two.

I don't know if this feature is activated yet, but also try unchecking "Repeat music after playing" in Proj Ops / Music.

Hope this helps. :)

:(<_<:blink:

I have a similar problem with Volcano Teide part-1. I have proven the .exe file in diverse computers and I have seen that in slow computers the synchronization of music and the image at the end of the show do not exist. I have done a modification uniting all the archives of sound in one mp3, and have been able to fix it something, but not absolutely. Nevertheless, in the slow computers the synchronization in the end follows without taking place.

(Admin. said to me that the synchronization would be resolute in the next beta.)

The effect of the rocket entering in Earth also is lost in those computers.

Excuse my english

Morasoft.

;);)

Oh boy...

My problem is a bit more severe!!!

I do my slide shows with a projector for a very large audiance.

I have "When Show ends keep last slide in show on screen" enabled.

It is necessary for me to do the last slide as a "fade to black" so the people

in the audiance do not have to look at my computer desktop after the show.

(unil I can kill the projector and audio)

In my case the music starts to repeat until ESC is pressed.

With the EXE file the exit is VERY ugly with the program slowly exiting in

almost a "crash mode". (not pretty)

Will version 5.9 fix this and are you expecting it to release soon?

If not, do any other of the beta versions not show this problem?

I have tried checking and unchecking just about every box related to sound I can find.

Nothing seems to really be a satisifactory solution!!!

I have a show to do in about a week and I have kinda built the new show around version 5!!!

For now, use Audacity to add silence to the end or the last music selection. It's very easy to do....

Lin

Oh boy...

My problem is a bit more severe!!!

I do my slide shows with a projector for a very large audiance.

I have "When Show ends keep last slide in show on screen" enabled.

It is necessary for me to do the last slide as a "fade to black" so the people

in the audiance do not have to look at my computer desktop after the show.

(unil I can kill the projector and audio)

In my case the music starts to repeat until ESC is pressed.

With the EXE file the exit is VERY ugly with the program slowly exiting in

almost a "crash mode". (not pretty)

Will version 5.9 fix this and are you expecting it to release soon?

If not, do any other of the beta versions not show this problem?

I have tried checking and unchecking just about every box related to sound I can find.

Nothing seems to really be a satisifactory solution!!!

I have a show to do in about a week and I have kinda built the new show around version 5!!!

You only need one blank slide, just determine the amount of time you want it to remain blank, set the display time for that particular slide to the time you need then add than much silence in Audacity to your last music selection.

Lin

Well, I suppose, adding silence will work IF I calculate the correct number of blank slides to add too. ;)

Aaaaaaa Beta is as Beta does!

(or was that VHS)