Igor Posted Tuesday at 07:08 AM Report Posted Tuesday at 07:08 AM Hi, PTE AV Studio 12.0.5 Beta is available: Added support for images in PSD format. Only for PSD files saved with the "Maximize Compatibility" option (enabled by default), which includes the merged layer. Added support for videos in the MXF file container. Fixed an issue where TIFF images used as decorations were not displayed correctly in slide styles. Fixed an issue on macOS where Arabic letters in text objects overlapped each other. Download for PC: https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe Download for Mac: https://files.wnsoft.com/test/PTE-AV-Studio.dmg Player for Mac: https://files.wnsoft.com/test/PTE-AV-Player.dmg The About window shows v12.0.5 Build 2 (Build 1 on Mac) 2 Quote
AllieB Posted yesterday at 03:55 PM Report Posted yesterday at 03:55 PM Tested this feature today and it works fine. In the past I always converted my foto´s from psd to jpg and introduced them in PTE. I learned sometimes ago that jpg-files everyyime when they were opened and closed the quality goes down thus therefor I think it would be useful although the format of PSD-files will be a trigger. Thanks anyway, AllieB Quote
jkb Posted yesterday at 05:27 PM Report Posted yesterday at 05:27 PM PTE does not resave the file. therefore the quality does not change. It is only if you open & resave that th quality would change as it is a lossy process. PTE just links to files and all changes are Virtual within the Program Jill Quote
AllieB Posted 6 hours ago Report Posted 6 hours ago @jkb thank you for your response. Yes I know how PTE works with the files itself. I wasn´t clear in my response. As I take all my foto´s in raw they were saved in Lightroom and when I want to use them in PTE makes copies as jpg. But during the process of creating a slideshow often I had to change a detail in one of these foto´s. At that point I do that changes mostly in Photshop and there for I have to open the jpg-file, make the corrections, and save again in the PTE-show. That´s the point were I fear to lose quality. I hope this cleared my point. Quote
davegee Posted 3 hours ago Report Posted 3 hours ago If you save your jpegs at maximum quality it should not be an issue. Try opening and saving a max quality jpeg and give it a suffix in the file name. See how many times you can do this before you notice a difference between the original and version x. I use Save For the Web - you can compare versions and adjust quality. DG Quote
jkb Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 4 hours ago, AllieB said: As I take all my foto´s in raw If you are working with raw files, then just save the PSD file & make any extra changes you need on that. You then create a new jpg each time (over writing the old if need be). That way you never need to open & resave a jpg As Dave says use Save For Web, you will get better quality for a smaller file size I have never used Lightroom, I always worked in PS, but now do everything in PTE unless I need a complicated detailed Mask Jill Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.