WnSoft Forums

Buttons

Igor

Looking forward to it and thanks Igor. If necessary, will we be able to make them invisible as in 4.0 Objects Editor?

Ron [uK]

Thank you to all the Team. :D

I look forward to using them Igor as I create so many menu pages using this option.

You can import invisible buttons using the add image Ron over your background. :)

If you made the buttons transparent in 4.0 objects editor, I always had the rectangular line showing.

So I didn't use them over buttons previously as I felt it was "killing two birds with the same stone"

I didn't see the point in putting invisible buttons over existing buttons.

Maybe I am missing something ? ;)

It's a while since I used them, as I got into the invisible routine for so long.

I think you will be able to reduce the opacity of these new buttons.

Can't wait to do some new menus with 5#9.

Love Maureen

You can import invisible buttons using the add image Ron over your background. :)

If you made the buttons transparent in 4.0 objects editor, I always had the rectangular line showing.

So I didn't use them over buttons previously as I felt it was "killing two birds with the same stone"

I didn't see the point in putting invisible buttons over existing buttons.

Maybe I am missing something ? ;)

Maureen,

There are two reasons for using transparent GIF's as buttons:

1. to make a button that is totally transparent (as a "hot spot" over an image), but with the capability to click on it to run external programs, such as another slideshow.

2. to give "text" the ability to be programmed. As you know, the text object cannot be programmed, but the image objects can, so if you want a button with text, but without the surrounding border, you either have to create the whole thing in PS, and use as an image object, or prepare the text in the object editor, and overlay a transparent GIF to make it programmable.

In v.5, it looks like we'll have the best of all worlds. :)

Igor,

Will it be possible to assign a "mouseover" action to these buttons?

It really looks great, congratulations !

Will this option work as the navigation bar feature, meaning we can design our own buttons and share them ?

I noticed you added a new tab : "common". Really wondering what it is for.

A lot of surprises in this beta 9 I guess... ;)

Anyway, I can't wait for beta 9 !

Do you have an idea of many days/weeks we still have to wait ? :unsure:

Will it be possible to assign a "mouseover" action to these buttons?
There will be 3 states of buttons (and 3 views of a button): normal, highlighted, pressed.
Looking forward to it and thanks Igor. If necessary, will we be able to make them invisible as in 4.0 Objects Editor?

Yes, you can make background of button fully or partially invisible. You can make text on a button partially visible. Also for the text on a button you can add individual shadow. And shadow for entire button.

Using Hue/Saturations controls you can reach any color of a button.

It really looks great, congratulations !

Will this option work as the navigation bar feature, meaning we can design our own buttons and share them?

Exactly as Navigation bar, but more powerful. You can create absolutely new own templates for buttons.

Maureen,

Thanks for reminding, we'll create one more style - fully transparent button, but with visible borders.

Beta 9 will be during 2 weeks.

Thanks Maureen. I too have used invisible buttons of various sizes over images in version 4.0 for a few years as recalled in a thread earlier this week. With my asking Igor if his buttons can be made invisible was a veiled question as to whether the full version 4.0 Object Editor was being released in V 5.0 beta#9.

Ron [uK]

Igor your new developments are always worth the extra wait :D

Thank you !

I don't believe you ever take holidays or sleep !

Thank you all :D

Love Maureen

Thank you too Igor, that answers my hidden question.

Ron [uK]

• 1 month later...

If I remember rightly, this problem with a mask can be solved in beta 9.

We added "Low quality of resizing" ("Nearest Neighbor") resizing method to beta 9. See Common tab of a object.

Thanks, I just wrote the code for keeping scroll position after deleting of object(s).

Igor,

I'm really amazed with your reactivity and how much you care about our requests.

We're so lucky to have you. Thank you for spoiling us so much. :)