WnSoft Forums

Two shows from Tomuk.

Tomuk

Hi! All, The Dom has kindly offered to host a couple of my shows, if you would like to have a look,please use the links below.

- Autumn 2007 :

Tomuk-Autumn2007-Small.jpg

To download the show : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=178

Fun with 5:

Tomuk-FunWith5-Small.jpg

To download the show : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=177

I am mystified by this thread, Tom. I have seen "Autumn Leaves" before and as Bill says the link for "Fun with 5" brings up "Autumn Leaves" again on Dom's site. :blink:

Ron [uK]

The link for Fun with Five should be:

http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=177

Thanks Tom

Will view them after my holiday :D

no time at minute too busy packing.

Thanks Maureen for the revised link. Enjoy your holiday.

Tom, I enjoyed your "Fun with Five". It is neat sampler of some of the recent experiments in 5.0. Next week at Sutton Camera Club I have been scheduled as part of the evening programme to talk on "What is new in AV". I hope you don't mind if I include your two presentations as examples.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Maureen for the revised link. Enjoy your holiday.

Tom, I enjoyed your "Fun with Five". It is neat sampler of some of the recent experiments in 5.0. Next week at Sutton Camera Club I have been scheduled as part of the evening programme to talk on "What is new in AV". I hope you don't mind if I include your two presentations as examples.

Ron [uK]

Hi! Ron.

Be my guest, glad you think they have enough merrit to show to others.

Bill,

Thank you for pointing out the basic error, I have corrected my post and all should now be well, hope you enjoy them.

Usualy I only share my work with members of my camera club and clubs I am invited to,to put on an evening for them.

I also share with members of this forum so they can critique for possible content and technique improvements.

Maureen,

Have a lovely holiday,going anywere exotic and can we expect a sequence?

I have today taken delivery of my Ageo "m" series sound system, it's every bit as good as you say, thanks for recommending, very portable so sound at clubs and societies will now be vastly improved.

Tom.

Tom, in Autum, some photos seem to have a very little size, and as they are full screen that's not very nice even they are very good photos. It would be better if you could put them at a better format for instance 1024 x 768 (or compress them less).

Tom, in Autum, some photos seem to have a very little size, and as they are full screen that's not very nice even they are very good photos. It would be better if you could put them at a better format for instance 1024 x 768 (or compress them less).

Hi! Jean-Pierre,

Thank you , I was aware of this problem when putting the show together.

I'm afraid it's down to very poor fileing system on my part, when I took the photos I saved them all in the raw state from my camera onto a cd-rom, I then compressed some of them for the web at 640 x480 and posted them on a site called imageevent.

I the LOST my cd-rom with all my origanals.

I had to call back the images from the web to make the demo, the rest is the faults to quite rightly point out.

A hard lesson well learned.

Tom.

Tom, I think your Fun With 5 is wonderfully done. I have followed along with many of your questions as you have sought to implement more and more of the creative ideas that have been shared on this forum. Hat's off to you for your systematic persistence and skill.

I think your presentation also re-kindles the question: What are "we" going to be doing with PTE, say two years down the road? :)

:D

Hello Tomuk:

Two good works, with ideas that make us think about new uses.

For example, I liked very much the last bird walking in "Fun with five".

Wonderful Tomuk.

morasoft.

Hi!

Morasoft sent me a personal message asking how I constructed the walking bird depicted at the end of “fun with 5”, I decided to reply to him here so others could share my answer.

He wanted to know if it was made from an AVi file or keypoints, well the answer is keypoints, I amputated each leg individually (in Photoshop) and made small png files of each leg and the head and body,

Using the object and animation controls, I constructed a parent rectangle and inside this I put the bird back together with the body and each leg as a individual objects, I animated each leg individually using a new keypoint for each step in a walking motion, I then selected the parent rectangle and animated if across the screen from left to right.

There you have a very quick tutorial, I’m sure the experts will be able to improve it so we can all benefit.

Tom

Enjoyed seeing your two slideshows.

It gave me some idea what can be done withPTE5

neil

Hello Neil,

I'm glad you enjoyed my shows, but we have to be careful!.

Friday night saw me at a meeting of my local AV group and the subject was"Members sequences" for critique, the evening was going along fine with the first couple of shows, being of the conventional type, receiving comments from various members.

It then came the turn of my two shows...a stoney silence,(although during the projection they did receive some wows and murmours ) the only coment they recieved was,"well I think animated sequences may find a place,but it's not for him",this from the groups chairman, another member wanted more leaves, smaller and behind the trees.

I think we are going to have the same situation we had when digital started to encroach on traditonal film pgotography. we will have thoes who just wont exept any change or anything they don't understand.

Tom.

"well I think animated sequences may find a place,but it's not for him",this from the groups chairman"

A poor response for a chairman -- does he still write with a quill-- do not be turned off by your advanced shows Tommy:)

he would likely have "the big one" if he seen some of the shows we have been offered to observe

ken

The successful artists in the long run in this world have always been the ones who broke from the crowd, developed a unique approach (either through technique or subject matter), and ran with it and perfected it, against all the dire criticisms of the nay-sayers and those content to watch the same subject matter over and over and over again.

However, this doesn't mean that having a few gadgets and special effects in one's production will be enough in itself to win over the judges. Nor should we use them just because they are there. There is still an effective way and a not so effective way to use these tools.

But, I'm of the belief that any new technique can be utilized successfully to better represent one's emotions and feelings in artistic creations. IMHO, the sequences that people remember in the long run will be the ones with something special to give them an edge over the competition.

Some nice discussion going on here. Thanks everybody.

Al you say it very well. May I add, though relatively few PTE users are involved in the competition level, I think your points apply widely to recreational or business or personal or hobby use or virtually any other use we find for ourselves.

Last evening we attended an orchestra performance featuring a world-class 17-year-old violinist. The program consisted of Tschaikovski, Stravinski, and Ravel. The printed description of each piece revealed that each of the compositions had initially caused excitement, disgust, outrage, disappointment, rejection, acceptance, appreciation, etc. with no consistent time order to the reactions. Though today, the works are all generally considered great masterpieces, the appreciation is still not universal. :)

Tom

I gave my talk to Sutton Camera Club last evening on "What's New in AV" and it was a great success. I gave credit to named members of the WnSoft Forum for the developments since PTE 5.0 beta#1 was introduced last May. I likened you to my grandsons sitting on my knee some 20+ years ago with requests such as "Draw a ship Grandpa", "Where's the guns Grandpa?" and the way in which those named members sought to solve your questions. I then closed my talk by showing your "Autumn Feb 2007" and "Fun with Five" which rounded off the evening to great amusement and acclaim. Thanks Tom.

By the way one of those grandsons gained a BA (Hons) Degree in Photographic & Digital Art.

Ron [uK]