WnSoft Forums

Photo Album

thedom

Ron,

In case Dominque doesn't get back with you right away, you might try pulling in one of his template files (ie, pic00.jpg, pic01.jpg, pic02.jpg....) into Photoshop and see what they are sized at. Then you could resize your images to the same. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Fred

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the tip but I already tried that and found that his were sized to 800 x 600 so I re-sized my images to the same. I still lost about half inch round the edge of my images when loaded into the template. <_<

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron

Have a look here http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...88f4be52494c1fc

Dom talks about the size of pictures and recommends the following 'You can use portrait or landscape pictures whatever their size. But I recommend 640 x 480 for template #1 and #2 and 1024 x 768 for template #3.'

Guest Techman1

Ron,

I pulled in the template and it looks like if you crop your images to: 645x484 you won't lose very much and they will not show through the background. I believe 640x480 may show a little bit of the background behind the frame.

Let us know if this works.

Fred

Hi Dom,

The latest template for the single page is giving me a small problem.

Assuming that you will be adjusting the size of the frame so that it will fill most of the album page (leaving just a small white border around the edge, I need to know what the actual size of each photograph should be before I add it to your template. At the moment my images have been cropped to 1024x768 pixels and when I add them to your template I lose some of the image around the edges. What I want to do is insert the image so that they are just slightly larger that the (cut out) centre of the frame. This way I will not lose any of the picture. Can you tell me what size I should crop the image (in Photoshop) to please?

Ron West

Hi Ron,

I assume you use Barry's frame (I posted a .png file as a file atatched seven posts above) and that you followed my instructions :

- replace frame_landscape with this new frame in the folder where you unzipped the archive

- replace pic00.jpg, pic01.jpg, pic02.jpg..., pic30.jpg with your own pictures (with the same names)

Those pictures have to be in 4/3 aspect ratio

Your pictures have to be in 4/3 ratio (640 x 480 or 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 etc...).

Fred suggested 645x484 but it's almost the same ratio (1,3326) and I don't think you will notice any difference.

As Mike said, I recommend 1024 x 768 for template #3.

If you use the frames I released in the "photoalbum" package, you don't have to do anything.

But if you use Barry's frame, may be your forgot to do the following: "because your frame is pretty thick, you have to decrease the zoom of each .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. object to 67% too".

(see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....st&p=38575)

If you still have a problem, you can send me your pte project, I'm gonna have a look at it. :)

Hi Ron,

"because your frame is pretty thick, you have to decrease the zoom of each .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. object to 67% too".

If you still have a problem, you can send me your pte project, I'm gonna have a look at it. :)

Hello Dom,

Yes I did everything that you told me to except 'decrease the zoom to 67%. I do not understand what you mean and would be pleased if you would explain in more detail for me.

Ron

Ron,

Here is what you have to do :

1 - open the template

2 - in the main window, in the slide list, select slide #3

3 - open the "Objects and Animation" window

4 - select first ".-=|[ YOUR PIC01 ]|=-." object in the objects list

5 - in the timeline, select the keypoint

6 - in the "animation" tab, in the "zoom" fields, you have to set those zoom fields (x and y) to 67% (instead of 81,512%).

For each slide (#4 to #32), for the first two ".-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-." objects, make steps 4 to 6.

If you do not succeed, you can send me your project because I'm afraid I can't be more precise. :)

If you do not succeed, you can send me your project because I'm afraid I can't be more precise. :)

Hello Dom,

Your instructions are very precise and were easy to follow.

I changed the zoom ratio to 67% and the images now fit better inside the frame. However, I noticed that as each page transition moved to the next page, the image seemed to jump a little bit inside the frame (it seemed to get bigger) especially with pic05 (the castle). I only changed pic01 thru pic05 at the moment.

Have a look and see if you can spot what I mean.

I have emailed to you my project separately.

Ron

Ron,

I received your PTE project but you only send me the .pte file.

You have to use the Create Backup in ZIP feature to include all the objects.

In PTE, click on "File" then ""Create Backup in ZIP".

Thanks. :)

oops! I didn't know that, sorry Dom. I will create the zip and email it right now.

Ron

update:

My email would not let me send the file (to big 8mb) so I uploaded it to 'Yousendit'

Ron,

The problem is that you applied a zoom of 67% only to the second picture of the slides.

You have to apply this zoom to the first two ".-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-." objects of each slide.

For example, for slide #4 : decrease the zoom to 67% for objects ".-=|[ YOUR PIC01 ]|=-." and ".-=|[ YOUR PIC02 ]|=-."

I made the modifications for you (only 10 slides) in the pte project (see file attached) and there is no more "jump".

I made two other things just to try:

- I quickly designed a new "page" style (page.jpg) to fit with your frame

- I changed the cover (the one called "Old" in my Photo Album archive, in the 'alternative covers" folder).

I think this one gets better with your pictures than the default one.

It's only my opinion, but I think you could make a much better job with your front cover (pink text).

Just suggestions, I hope you don't mind.

Be carefull, I resized the size of your pictures (1024x768 => 800x600) to decrease the weight of the file.

Just continue the work with your own project and your own pictures.

Goo luck. :)

PTE_Project_ForDom_Mar14_2007_23_25_54.zip

Ron,

The problem is that you applied a zoom of 67% only to the second picture of the slides.

You have to apply this zoom to the first two ".-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-." objects of each slide.

For example, for slide #4 : decrease the zoom to 67% for objects ".-=|[ YOUR PIC01 ]|=-." and ".-=|[ YOUR PIC02 ]|=-."

I made the modifications for you (only 10 slides) in the pte project (see file attached) and there is no more "jump".

OK, now I understand and have successfully made the changes to all zooms

I made two other things just to try:

- I quickly designed a new "page" style (page.jpg) to fit with your frame

I agree with you, the new page is much better. How do I change the page to this new style please?

It's only my opinion, but I think you could make a much better job with your front cover (pink text).

Just suggestions, I hope you don't mind.

You are right! I only did that one very quickly though.

Is it possible to just put text (i.e. without the small rectangle) straight onto the album cover? I think that this will look better. I tried making a PNG text file but it did not work.

Be carefull, I resized the size of your pictures (1024x768 => 800x600) to decrease the weight of the file.

Do you suggest that I should be using size 800x600 all the time for my images?

Ron

Hi Dom,

Thankyou for being so helpful and guiding me through the problems That I was having with your Album Template.

I think that I now understand it all, except the Front Cover I will wait for you to add a 'Text Box' option whenever beta 9 in released.

Here is a link to my latest effort and I hope that it will meet with your approval:

Please see the update below:

Anyone else who would like to have a look, please feel free, but please let me know what you think.

Ron

UPDATE

Some of you have pointed out a problem with 'jumping' & 'shimmering' on the opening slides to this demo.

I have corrected it now and uploaded the new version. Please note that you will only be able to download this show until 23rd March 2007.

Here is the new link:

Click here to download

Hello Ron

I really enjoyed your first album, it really works well, some interesting and yet unusual photographs, I did enjoy it, thanks for sharing. Did you add the background photographs or it that all part of Dom's template?

How do I change the page to this new style please?

Ron, see this post (second part) : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=38381

Is it possible to just put text (i.e. without the small rectangle) straight onto the album cover? I think that this will look better. I tried making a PNG text file but it did not work.

In PTE, in the main window, select slide #2, click on "Objects and Animation".

In the objects list, select ".-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC00 ]|=-.".

In "properties" tab, for "Picture" field, replace pic00.jpg with your own text png file (use the browse button to locate your file).

Do the same for each "".-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC00 ]|=-." object (in slide #3, #33 and #34).

Do you suggest that I should be using size 800x600 all the time for my images?

No, personnaly I used this size of pictures to share project but I use 1024x768 or even 1280x1024 for my shows.

Ron, I watched your "first album".

I noticed there is a "jump" of the image on the front cover at the beginning.

I'm quite sure the zoom for ".-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC00 ]|=-." object is not the same in slide #2 and slide #3 (and it should ;) )

Mike,

the background photographs are part of the template. :)

Hi Bert,

For my "photo album" template, I think you're correct with this :

But instead of

do the following :

a - start PTE

b - click on "file" > "open" and locate "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" (in the folder where you unzipped the archive). Double click on it.

c - click on "Preview" to verify the result

d - if everything is fine, click on "file" > "create slideshow as" to create an exe file.

That's it! :)

If you want to use an other cover for your album :

1 - open the "alternate covers" folder (in the folder where you unzipped the archive)

2 - browse each sub-folder

3 - if you find a cover which suits your taste, copy the three files you will find in the subfolder you choosed and copy (replace) them in the folder where you unzipped the archive

4 - start PTE, open "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" and click on "preview"

5 - if you're not happy with this new cover, repeat step 3 until you find the one you want

use exactly the same method if you want to change the pages ("alternate pages" folder) or the frame around the picture ("alternate corners" folder).

Hope it helps.

Sorry, Dom, but I'm having problems too!

I have downloaded everything and unzipped but I can't find a file called "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte". I do have a file called "The Dom - Photo Album-Template-2Pics_Leaves Effect". When I open PTE V5 beta8u and open this file its shows a list of files (but no thumbnails) and when I click Preview I get the error message that it cannot find 4 files each named "Picture:T\2007\SkiMars2007-Gress en Vercors\PhotoAlbum\The Dom-PhotoAlbum-Templates\Title.png.

Whjere do I go from here please?

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

You're perfectly right, there was a problem in the template "2 - The Dom - Photo Album-Template-2Pics_Leaves Effect". I forgot to remove an object that I used for a personal project.

(This template corresponds to "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte".

I changed its name when I added a third template included in the archive).

I uploaded a new version (1.22) and everything should be ok now. :)

http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=181

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Gordon,

You're perfectly right, there was a problem in the template "2 - The Dom - Photo Album-Template-2Pics_Leaves Effect". I forgot to remove an object that I used for a personal project.

(This template corresponds to "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte".

I changed its name when I added a third template included in the archive).

I uploaded a new version (1.22) and everything should be ok now. :)

http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=181

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Dom

Many thanks, it now seems to run okay.

Gordon

Guest Techman1

Dom

I cannot find the Photo Album template version 1.22, on the link it seems to be version 1.21? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Mike,

I think the site still says 1.21, but if you download the zip file it says "1.22". I don't have the older one, so I'm not sure if this is version 1.22 or something else.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Hey Dom~

The site I rambled off as the Gallery is *actually* Proshow Enthusiasts site.... which btw deleted the very helpful thread re how to package the book to take it into PSP. I'm having some troubles which are probably related more to my inexperience in PXE rather than the template, but if you could shove me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

1. I have pages in the show that don't turn they go from open layout page to the next layout page with no transition. I've tried for an hour to unistall/reinstall, check for things I may have changed in the template & I'm stuck...

2. How do you package it for PSP - I wish I'd have printed whatever trick someone found to do it. I read too quickly and figured I could go back later when I needed it. :angry: At any rate...

I'm loving what you've done & hope to get a better grip on PXE when I have more time. I'm trying to get a Thank-You show out for my daughter's birthday party guests & I hate sending late TY's!

Have a Good One!

Kim

Hi Kim,

1. I have pages in the show that don't turn they go from open layout page to the next layout page with no transition.

Sorry, Ihave no idea but if you wish, you can send me your PTE project and gonna have a look at it (thefreedom @ free.fr).

To share a PTE project, you have to use the Create Backup in ZIP feature to automatically include all the objects.

In PTE, click on "File" then ""Create Backup in ZIP". And you just have to send the zip archive (by email if it's less than 10 Mb or if it's more than 10 Mb, with a File Sharing Transfer Delivery like http://www.yousendit.com).

2. How do you package it for PSP

I think you only have to convert the slideshow into a video and import it in PSP.

Hope it helps.

Guest Techman1

1. I have pages in the show that don't turn they go from open layout page to the next layout page with no transition. I've tried for an hour to unistall/reinstall, check for things I may have changed in the template & I'm stuck...

Have a Good One!

Kim

Kim,

Hello. Are you saving your images down in size to something around 1024x768? If not, they may be too large to load and have the transition complete. Just a guess.

Fred

TheDom,

This number 3 album is just the greatest and once worked through the first one found it simple

to make the changes but is there a way to add pages for when needing the extra one or two.

Thanks for the chance to use it.

Ray