WnSoft Forums

Photo Album

thedom

Hi Bert,

I found that I had that problem on my first attempt I found that I had to sellect all my photos

and do copy to TheDoms folder it worked, then it will ask if you want to replace the files click ok.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

That made me understand what was wrong. I had renamed my pictures according to "The Dom" instructions on his site, and it never asked me if I wanted to replace his files. It said in his instructions to rename my pictures to "Pic01.jpg" etc. I gave it this full name instead of "Pic01". :unsure: I gues I followed the instructions to the letter.

It works now fine.

Thanks,

Bert

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bert,

Glad you could make it work with Ray's help.

Mike,

Of course, there is no problem if you create your own alternative covers. Silvia already did some very nice covers and pages and I'm glad people think my template is enough good to use it and design their own covers.

What I recommend to make the cover is the following (I assume you have Photoshop but the method will apply in an other picture editor)

1 - create a 872 x 600 file (you can start with a picture or design your own texture, logo, etc...)

then cut this image in several pieces :

2 - For the left side of the cover :

- choose the rectangular Marquee Tool with style = fixed size, width = 62, height = 600

- select the left side of the image and cut it

- create a new file (62 x 600) and paste the selection

- apply "bevel and emboss" in the layers panel

- save this file as "cover_leftside.jpg"

3 - For the cover itself:

- come back to your original picture and choose "image" then "trim" to get rid of the transparent pixels (left side of the cover)

- choose the rectangular Marquee Tool with style = fixed size, width = 800, height = 600

- select the left side of the image and cut it

- create a new file (800 x 600) and paste the selection

- save this file as "cover.jpg"

4 - For the width of the cover :

- come back to your original picture and choose "image" then "trim" to get rid of the transparent pixels (the cover). you will finish with a 10 x 600 resolution image.

- save this file as "cover_width.jpg"

What do you mean with "what happens to the image in pic00.jpg, do we just have a blank .png file?" ?

The pic00.jpg is an independant object. It is just a simple picture displayed in PTE on the cover.

If you don't want this picture to be displayed, in PTE, delete .-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC 00 ]|=-. object in slide #2, #3, #19 & #20.

Hope I answered your questions. :)

I think that this Photo Album is one of the best I have seen so far. However there are a couple of questions that I would like to ask:-

1. How do I change the text on the front of the album cover? At the moment

it is just a picture and I don't want this.

2. How can I remove the picture from the background so it is just a plain

texture.

3. I still think that the pictures in the album are to small and need to be

bigger so that they cover the whole page (there is too much white border

showing)

4. I have already said that it would be better to have just one big picture

on just 1 page, rather than two pictures on two separate pages. Can you not

make another album that does this?

Ron

Hi TheDom,

This Album is just fantastic and just what I needed at this time as I have a Friend over from the UK for holiday at moment and she loves it and as asked for me to put her Photgraphs to it,

problem at the moment is even after doing one slideshow I now need to add pages and being a novice I am not sure how to do it could you possibly help please.

looking foreward to your final release.

Ray

Ron, Ray, Thank you very much for your compliment. :)

1. How do I change the text on the front of the album cover? At the moment

it is just a picture and I don't want this.

I will include a text object in the next version, when PTE 9 will be released.

For the moment, you can make your text in a photo editor as a png file and in PTE, put it as a sub-object of "front cover" object in slides #2, #3, #19 and #20.

2. How can I remove the picture from the background so it is just a plain

texture.

Delete objects .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. on each slides.

Those objects are at the bottom in objects list.

3. I still think that the pictures in the album are to small and need to be

bigger so that they cover the whole page (there is too much white border

showing).

Increase the zoom of "PIC LEFT" and "PIC RIGHT" objects in each slide.

4. I have already said that it would be better to have just one big picture

on just 1 page, rather than two pictures on two separate pages. Can you not

make another album that does this?

Pan & zoom "WHOLE PHOTO ALBUM" object in each slide.

I think it's a good idea for those who are not confortable to do it by themselves. That's why I will release an alternative template in the next version.

I now need to add pages and being a novice I am not sure how to do it could you possibly help please.

See this post : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=38382

Thanks TheDom for your fast reply, it appears from questions answered you can do anything with this template I will sure keep a copy of all in case needed in the future.

Thanks again for all the great work done.

Ray

Hi Dom

This posting gets better by the day, I had not seen Silvia's posting and the alternative covers she had produced, they are very good. I see she has created a 'page' in the same style as the front cover. I think that you are going to produce a tutorial of the Photo Album, will this be in the written form or a movie?

I think it's a good idea for those who are not confortable to do it by themselves. That's why I will release an alternative template in the next version.

Thankyou Dom, for the answers here.

Can you say when you will be releasing the next version please?

Ron

I think that you are going to produce a tutorial of the Photo Album, will this be in the written form or a movie?

I'm personnaly more for a visual explanation than for a written explanation.

What do you think ? Will this tutorial be useful considering all the answers I already gave ? :)

Can you say when you will be releasing the next version please?

I will try to do the new template (one big picture on just 1 page) as soon as possible.

Maximum in one week. :)

I think this new template will display by default 30 pictures. What do you think ?

Hi Dom

I agree that you have answered a lot of questions in one or more postings. It would be nice to bring them all together in one tutorial, a visual display is possibly the best form of presentation.

Regarding Ronnie's question, I think that I agree with his comment about one picture per page, that is how Wedding Photo Albums are presented here in the UK. I think that 30 pictures is more than enough, if not, I assume that people can add additional pictures?

Hi Dom

I agree that you have answered a lot of questions in one or more postings. It would be nice to bring them all together in one tutorial, a visual display is possibly the best form of presentation.

Yes I agree, a visual tutorial will be much better and easier to understand

Regarding Ronnie's question, I think that I agree with his comment about one picture per page, that is how Wedding Photo Albums are presented here in the UK. I think that 30 pictures is more than enough, if not, I assume that people can add additional pictures?

30 pictures will be fine but I also think that tere should be an option for the user to add more pages if he/she requires them

Ron

Dom

Not to add to your workload, but I was thinking, that if you are going to produce a single picture per page Photo Album, would it be as well to zoom in and show the turned page off the preview screen. You did this in one of your demo shows. Just a thought.

Guest Techman1

I will try to do the new template (one big picture on just 1 page) as soon as possible.

Maximum in one week. :)

I think this new template will display by default 30 pictures. What do you think ?

Dom,

This is excellent news. I was hoping to do something like this also (one large photo), but simply haven't had the time. I know I would appreciate a template like you described here. 30 photos would be great and very representative of an actual wedding album.

Thanks again for all you do. :D

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Fred

A third template is now avalaible (one big picture on just 1 page) :

3 - TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Template-1pic_LeavesEffect.pte

TheDom-PhotoAlbum_1pic.jpg

Please, let me know if it what you were waiting for... :unsure:

For those of you who already downloaded my template v1.1, I changed template #1 and #2 : pictures are now displayed a little big bigger (+11%).

icon_pa_download.gif

Dom,

Your latest album with just one page effect is brilliant and just what I was after.

Can you tell me what I should re-size the pictures to before I copy them into the template.

I would like to use my own frame for each picture so that it will look like a real album page as used here in the UK. I will send to you via 'yousendit', a pte slide show - please look at the first 3 pages to see what I mean.

Ron West

Hello Mike,

YouSendIt.com is a website that allows you to send large files to other people over the internet. It works very well and it is simple to set up an account for yourself. When you send a file you receive an email to confirm that the site has uploaded the file correctly and the recipient also receives an email with a reference link to your file for downloading.

Best of all it's free!

Hi Ron,

I received your demo (exe file), thank you.

I really like your frame! Could you please send me just the frame you made as a .png file (without any picture in it), I will adjust it to make your life easier.

Then you will only have to do the following :

- replace frame_landscape with this new frame in the folder where you unzipped the archive

- replace pic00.jpg, pic01.jpg, pic02.jpg..., pic30.jpg with your own pictures (with the same names)

Those pictures have to be in 4/3 aspect ratio

- start PTE, open the template

- create slideshow and that's it! :)

Ron,

Actually I made a screen capture of your demo, I extracted your frame and added a light shadow (see file attached).

Just follow the instructions I gave you above and because your frame is pretty thick, you have to decrease the zoom of each .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. object to 67% too. :)

frame_landscape.zip

Ron,

Actually I made a screen capture of your demo, I extracted your frame and added a light shadow (see file attached).

Just follow the instructions I gave you above and because your frame is pretty thick, you have to decrease the zoom of each .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. object to 67% too. :)

The Frame looks great, but I must point out that the credit must go to Barry Beckham for making it, not me.

Ron

Hi Dom,

The latest template for the single page is giving me a small problem.

Assuming that you will be adjusting the size of the frame so that it will fill most of the album page (leaving just a small white border around the edge, I need to know what the actual size of each photograph should be before I add it to your template. At the moment my images have been cropped to 1024x768 pixels and when I add them to your template I lose some of the image around the edges. What I want to do is insert the image so that they are just slightly larger that the (cut out) centre of the frame. This way I will not lose any of the picture. Can you tell me what size I should crop the image (in Photoshop) to please?

Ron West

Guest Techman1

Hi Dom,

The latest template for the single page is giving me a small problem.

Assuming that you will be adjusting the size of the frame so that it will fill most of the album page (leaving just a small white border around the edge, I need to know what the actual size of each photograph should be before I add it to your template. At the moment my images have been cropped to 1024x768 pixels and when I add them to your template I lose some of the image around the edges. What I want to do is insert the image so that they are just slightly larger that the (cut out) centre of the frame. This way I will not lose any of the picture. Can you tell me what size I should crop the image (in Photoshop) to please?

Ron West

Ron,

In case Dominque doesn't get back with you right away, you might try pulling in one of his template files (ie, pic00.jpg, pic01.jpg, pic02.jpg....) into Photoshop and see what they are sized at. Then you could resize your images to the same. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Fred