WnSoft Forums

Photo Album

thedom

Guest Techman1

Ray,

To add pages to this template, just copy the PIC30 slide and place it after it. Then change the PIC30 info to PIC31 (current slide) and the PIC29 to PIC30 (previous slide info). I believe the album closing slide will need to have the last PICnn you added changed also as it is used as the background (by default in this template it is PIC30). Just open up the last slide and you'll see what I mean above. You may need to study this a bit, but Dominque did a good job of detailing the names for us so it can be done fairly easily.

Hope this helps a little. If not, maybe Dom will advise in full detail later.

Good luck,

Fred

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Techman1

Ray,

I'm glad it worked for you and you were able to figure out what I was saying. It's not too difficult to add pages since Dominque did a great job of documenting/naming each element in the show.

Again, I'm pleased you got it working. Take care!

Fred

Hello Dom

I have just started to use the Photo Album, I have created an alternative album cover, and that works fine. However, I have noticed that the inside of the back cover is in fact a copy of the cover picture. e.g. cover.jpg. This look fine at the start of the slideshow preview but later on when the page leaves effect take effect you can see that it is the font cover. Is it possible to make the inside back cover the same as the inside of the front cover?

Also I ran into some problems in PhotoShop when cutting out the various sections of my selected image. When I tried to image trim nothing happened, I selected Transparent Pixel and Trim Away - left. Was this correct?

Is it possible to make the inside back cover the same as the inside of the front cover?

Mike, I'm not sure to understand your question. :huh:

As you already noticed, it's actually the same image for both objects.

Also I ran into some problems in PhotoShop when cutting out the various sections of my selected image. When I tried to image trim nothing happened, I selected Transparent Pixel and Trim Away - left. Was this correct?

I don't know what's wrong.

Anyway, here is a photoshop action to make a cover in 3 sec!

Open an image and run the action.

At the end, you only have to save the three files...

All the explanations are included in the action too.

Please tell me if it runs ok for you.

Hope it helps. :)

TheDom_PhotoAlbum_Cover_ATN.zip

Hello Dom

Thanks for your message, I have downloaded the action and ran it in PhotoShop. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful, all I seem to get was a single pixel, pixel dimensions is 1 px by 1 px

I have completed a pdf tutorial on how to use this fantastic album template.

I have uploaded it to my web site together with a PTE Slide Show made with the tutorial.

You can download it from the Download page HERE:

I also hope that TheDom will be adding it to his 'Sharing Page Site' in a day or so.

Ron

Hello Dom

Thanks for your message, I have downloaded the action and ran it in PhotoShop. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful, all I seem to get was a single pixel, pixel dimensions is 1 px by 1 px

Mike

I downloaded the action, then opened the Action Pallette in Photoshop, then dragged the action (ATN) into the Action Pallette and it ran OK.

Only problem now. is I don't know what to do with the 3 separate images that the action produced.

Dom

Help! what do we do with these 3 images please?

Ron

Ron

You can now create alternative album covers, see Silvia's covers on Dom's website. I transferred my slides into the folder Alternative Covers and then copied and pasted them into the template to customise my slideshow. Regarding the template, there maybe something wrong with my PhotoShop setup, although, I have been able to run other actions without any problem. I will try it on another photograph.

I enjoyed your final slideshow using the template, you were not a highway engine, by any chance?

Dom

Does the action work with PhotoShop CS?

Guest Techman1

Mike,

I use Photoshop CS also and it appears that the action isn't creating the correct size images. It does create the images with the proper names, but as you found they are only a 1x1 block. I'm wrapped up currently or I would have spent the time to try to resolve this. If Dominque doesn't have the time to fix it, I'll try to get it done in a couple of weeks. I'm just way behind currently so it won't happen right away.

Regards,

Fred

Ron,

Thank you for your tutorial, I guess it will be useful. :)

Mike, Fred,

I made this script with CS2 and it runs ok on my computer.

I tested the script with CS and I got the same result as you had (1x1 blocks). I really don't know why. :huh:

I will try to understand but I'm not sure I will be able to fix it... :unsure:

Ron, did you run the script with CS or CS2 ?

Ron,

Thank you for your tutorial, I guess it will be useful. :)

Of course it will be useful to anybody who does not understand how to use your template and Judging by the downloads from my site already, there are many people who want to read it.

Hi All,

I have used Dom,s Template of the #3 Album and filled it with 30 pictures. (Thanks Dom, looks great). What I like to do is when the Album closes, that an other slide show starts. In the Template I have opened the project option and under "Advanced" found "Run application after last slide. I have put in that box the name of the EXE slide show that I want to start. ("name slideshow.EXE"). I have also put that EXE in the same folder as where I have put Dom's template for the Album, together with all the numberd pictures for the Album. I can run the Album in preview (have not made an EXE yet) , but it closes after the last picture. How can I make the next show start automaticly?

Thanks,

Bert

Dom/Fred

Thanks for looking into the problem and it will be great if you can resolve the problem. If not it will give me the excuse to upgrade to PhotoShop CS3. Thanks guys.

Hi Bert,

There are certain features in version 5 that are not yet activated - unfortunatley the ability to "Run application after last slide" is one of them. It should be enabled in the next beta release which we are led to believe is due out soon... and which we are all eagerly awaiting....

Hi Bert,

There are certain features in version 5 that are not yet activated - unfortunatley the ability to "Run application after last slide" is one of them. It should be enabled in the next beta release which we are led to believe is due out soon... and which we are all eagerly awaiting....

Thanks Keith,

I thought something like that would have been activated by now. But than again I know nothing about computer programming.

Bert

Dom

I have just completed two slideshows using your template in double quick time, thanks. I would like to use them for 16x9 TV display, how can I change the size of the album so that is fills more of the screen. Do I need to increase the zoom above 88%?

Mike,

That's exactly what you have to do.

In PTE > Project Options > Screen Tab > Screen Option - Aspect Ratio of a slide : 16:9 DVD

And, after, for each slide, increase the zoom of "WHOLE PHOTO ALBUM" object to - let's say - 96%.

• 1 month later...

With the activation of shadows (was only visible in O/A window before), I realized there was a problem with the shadows. It's now corrected in the new version of my templates (v1.4).

I tried to use smooth speed option for turning pages but without any success because they are too many objects, with various effects and I couldn't synchronize the whole correctly. <_<

I only added speed option for the intro and the outtro.

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=181

Hi Dom,

The new Intro & Outro speed adjustment works just great.

It is a pity that you cannot find a way to have the pages turn without the 'sudden jerk' - I thought that the new 'Smooth' option in PTE, was supposed to make that possible.

Ron

• 1 year later...
Here is a template to simulate a Photo Album with album opening, turning pages and album closing :

This template is completely free for personal use. But please contact me first if you want to use it for commercial purpose. Thanks.

TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Big.jpg

[click on the image to directly access the download page]

The archives includes actually three different templates :

1 - TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Template_2pics.pte

TheDom-PhotoAlbum_2pics.jpg

2 - TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Template-2pics_LeavesEffect.pte

TheDom-PhotoAlbum_2pics_Leaves.jpg

3 - TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Template-1pic_LeavesEffect.pte

TheDom-PhotoAlbum_1pic.jpg

Silvia released a package of 9 covers and pages for my photo album template :

Silvia-PhotoAlbumAddOn-Small.jpg

And you can download two demos (standard and extended version made with template #1) to see what it looks like and what can be done with the template :

TheDom-PhotoAlbumTplDemos-Small.jpg.

Hi DOM,

I just tried to download Silvia's Cover Pack and got this response from your site.

"Sorry, but only administrators can view files and sub category in this category."

Thought I should let you know. I did not know if the file is still available.

Thank you,

Charles

Hi DOM,

I just tried to download Silvia's Cover Pack and got this response from your site.

"Sorry, but only administrators can view files and sub category in this category."

Thought I should let you know. I did not know if the file is still available.

Thank you,

Charles

Hi Charles,

With Silvia's permission, her package is available again.

Thanks to Silvia.